MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Ceramic Coating

Ceramic Coating - Forums [Biker Match] Ceramic Coating - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Ceramic Coating

Has anyone tried ceramic coating their exhaust pipes I've just heard about it I'm about to purchase a new exhaust and wondering about this coating.

Update Reply
Mac Max @ 08/04/2020 07:52  

I work in classic car restoration & a couple of times we have used ceramic coatings on exhaust manifolds & the finish is great & seems to work well. It can be expensive though.
If you`re based in the Reading area then you can try Zircotec UK, based in Abingdon. They will be able to give you a quote, etc, so check out their website for more info.
Not sure quite why you would want to ceramic coat a new exhaust though, unless you mean "new" secondhand?

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 08/04/2020 10:32  

Thanks for the info, Ive read that this process help cool the engine and improve performance so I thought Id put it out there to see if anyone can confirm this.

Update Reply
Mac Max @ 08/04/2020 11:22  

I can`t see that it helps cool the engine & improve performance unless they mean ceramic coating the piston or something like that.
Ceramic coating the exhaust will help it stay looking good for longer & maybe help dissipate the heat in the exhaust quicker. If there are improvements in performance, unless any other performance work has been done to the engine internally, these will be negligible.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 08/04/2020 13:45  

From my limited experience, ceramic coating the outside, should make for a durable finish but ceramic coating the inside of the exhaust help with the heat flow through the exhaust rather than allowing the exhaust heating up and thereby dissipating the heat away form the engine.
Al

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2020 14:09  

All its really going to do is make a scabby set if pipes look good, it used on cars but that's an all different ball game

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/04/2020 17:43  

Hi, I am getting a new header for the rocket, it will have an internal Ceramic heat barrier coating to help with the heat by improving flow (I think). Its a larger header to increase out bound flow which will create more heat.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2020 11:11  

I would of thought a larger header would give more contact area and run cooler anyway

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/04/2020 10:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email