MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

New bike time

New bike time - Forums [Biker Match] New bike time - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

New bike time

I've just passed my theory test and now I'm looking at new big bikes ive been on the road since 2012 so I'm no stranger to the danger
I've ridden big bikes like;
Suzuki gsr750 Yoshi edition 15
Yamaha xj1400 04
Honda cr450 08
Kawasaki gt750 (old)
Yamaha virago 920 us import
Yamaha xs250
I'm really struggling cause I know jumping from a 125 to any bike is a bit step but I'm kinda used to how the power is delivered on various bikes what would you recommend I'm torn between a sports 600 or a street fighter 750

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2020 13:05  

How do and congrats on the theory test pass.
How did you get experience riding those bikes and how much did you get?

Update Reply
Declan @ 25/02/2020 13:44  

If you'll take the advice of an old geezer don't concentrate so much on this bike or that but rather on yourself.
In my experience the greatest danger is the rider and their ability, or lack of it, to read the road and conditions and the knack of foreseeing what other road users might do or try to do to tear your body to shreds as they surely will.
Before you get your leg over, take time at each and every opportunity to weigh up risk as opposed to advantage and err on the side of caution, as the cemetery is full of heroes.
Good luck, stay safe and let's be careful out there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2020 14:10  

Congratulations and good luck! Both options sound fun. Whatever you get, ride safe :)

Update Reply
2WheelsDan @ 25/02/2020 14:57  

From experience of myself and my fellow riders I know local to me we have all had an absolute blast on the Yamaha MT07, great first bike, all the power and control you would need. You have the bonus of Yamaha reliability. Plus you can pick up 2-3 year old ones now cheap as chips. Fantastic bike.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2020 17:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email