MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Stolen Bike

Stolen Bike - Forums [Biker Match] Stolen Bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Stolen Bike

Last night (5/1/20) in the Gedling area of Nottingham a member's bike was nick by some little scumbags.
If members that live in the area could keep the eyes open for a black Kawasaki 250 Ninja VN08 VTY

The bike had two chains, 2 disc locks and covered at the time, with nothing left at the scene a van or flatbed must have been used.

If someone is lucky to see the bike please let myself, Techne and the police know.

Thanks

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 06/02/2020 18:16  

Have a look on Notts Stolen motorcycles it's a fb page they are out and about posting bikes that have been stolen and spotted dumped or just waiting to see if trackers are fitted

Update Reply
JP @ 07/02/2020 04:10  

This is farcical. Spoke to DVLA re cancelling road tax and was told my vehicle is not down as being stolen......rang police, yes it is, officer dealing with it on leave will contact me at the end of next week. Rang DVLA back, different person same answer - said I had no evidence to say the police were telling the truth and it was absolutely not stolen according to DVLA and they can’t mark it as stolen until informed by police - I rang police back - they’re now investigating and will get back to me.....

Update Reply
Techne @ 07/02/2020 15:20  

When you reported it to the Police were you given a Crime Number?

When we had something go from the old house, years ago we had the Crime Number which we gave to Insurance Company and DVLA to tie everything in to the up-to-date information. Granted it's a while back but surely you should have a Reference be it a Crime or Incident Number.

Or have things changed dramatically?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/02/2020 16:14  

Hi Linz - yes I have both - DVLA won’t do anything until notified by police - spoke to them again and they said that DVLA need to be notified directly by the police - they used to do this daily, then a couple of times a week now they update weekly and I’ve missed this week’s update......
Insurance have been more helpful than I imagined- and I’m trying not to be too cynical at this stage.

Update Reply
Techne @ 07/02/2020 17:24  

Any update on your bike Techne?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/02/2020 21:50  

I spoke to Techne last night and there's no news of her bike being found ☹

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 20/02/2020 19:28  

Oh bums!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/02/2020 23:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email