MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

House marked for theft.

House marked for theft. - Forums [Biker Match] House marked for theft. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

House marked for theft.

Is your house a target for thieves? I know a lot has been in the bike press and generally acknowledged by the public with regard to 'marking'. A few weeks ago my neighbour noticed what looked like a white paint mark on his gate, sure enough, a few days later the LC350 he was restoring was taken from his shed. My garage is a concrete one with steel main and side doors, with added 'chub style' bolt locks and a sentinel post for good measure. I noticed today a piece of packaging foam stuffed under the handle of my wheelie bin, this has prompted me to order ground anchors and Oxford chains so if some light fingered scag decides he wants to try to relieve me of my toys, he is going to have to make a lot of noise to do it.
Keep an eye open for unusual markings outside your homes made with chalk or paint and for stickers and bits of tape on bins, and remove them as soon as you see them. Also stones scattered on the drive or path that you know shouldn't be there, potential sign you have been marked.
Too many bikes have been lifted in recent years and although not entirely possible to stop it,you don't have to make it easy.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/07/2019 18:08  

Excellent tips, thanks 66 👍

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/07/2019 09:23  

Cheers for tips 666, am seriously doubting whether I can keep another bike near my new abode as I have no garage/garden or anywhere safe to park. Looking for (hopefully) nearby garage to rent now :(

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 21/07/2019 23:41  

As I say lulu, if someone wants your pride and joy they will get, no reason to make it easy. Hope yiu find something secure soon.

Update Reply
Double six @ 22/07/2019 00:33  

Dee try a storage locker if there are any near you, they are secure and quite cheap specially if its just a bike sized one, you keep the keys and have access when you need it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2019 15:34  

Sadly true 666, I am getting another wee second hand oldie Yam soon but unfortunately they are the faves for the wee feckers here to steal and 'joy' ride on, especially the area I reside now lol, (Don't get me wrong, the neighbours are sweethearts its the visitors/outsiders/usual story) thankyou xx Thanks Yarg, will look into that, speaking to a guy in local bike shop at min re that, bless ya both guys xx

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 22/07/2019 21:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email