MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pillion insurance not standard!

Pillion insurance not standard! - Forums [Biker Match] Pillion insurance not standard! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pillion insurance not standard!

In the past 'Pillion' insurance or an additional premium to carry a pillion was never an issue or highlighted by underwriters. Today, however, (apologise now for preaching to the converted or perverted 😏) unless you request 'Pillion' cover it's not included and in many cases you won't get insurance with the pillion option, even on mid-range 650's. Anyone had any issues with pillion rider insurance cover?

Update Reply
Aden24 @ 18/06/2019 17:25  

Most Insurance companies now ask if you want pillion cover and charge you extra [in some cases a lot extra] for the privilege of carrying a pillion

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 18/06/2019 18:28  

Can pillions take out their own insurance?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2019 04:56  

Not sure I really understand this insurance logic TBH, I had 2 road bikes on what was meant to be a multibike policy, went to insure a 3rd bike, and they said no only two, ended up SORNing my T120.
Come renewal time I decided to (Reluctantly.) convert my Thruxton for (What I see as occasional use.) passengers.
No extra charge, but they did say at the time of insurance my new 765 Street Triple was by far the higher risk compared with a single seat Thruxton.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 23/07/2019 22:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email