MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Hats off to Chris Lake, Wildman's Motorcycles

Hats off to Chris Lake, Wildman's Motorcycles - Forums [Biker Match] Hats off to Chris Lake, Wildman's Motorcycles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Hats off to Chris Lake, Wildman's Motorcycles

18-year-old becomes UK's youngest motorcycle dealership.

Wildmans Motorcycles in Spilsby, Lincolnshire, announced last month that an 18-year-old former apprentice was to become the next owner.

Chris Lake, who has since turned 19, took over the reins as the main mechanic and owner on Monday, May 20.

"I've got to try, haven't I?" Lake told MCN. "If I don't try now, then I won't know what could've been. I don't want to to sit back and not have a go."

The previous owner, Peter McDowell, ran the firm since 2005, which still operates out of its original 1926 premises that began as a local blacksmith’s forge. Lake has been involved with the dealership since he was 13, starting out as a Saturday boy.

Lake will run the business supported by Alan Fixter, who will do servicing and repair jobs, while McDowell is planning on retiring, but will help Chris out during more busy periods to lighten the load.

Since taking on the business, Lake has begun a 24-hour recovery service, which he will man at all times. Fixter will remain in the workshop, with Lake's mother helping to run the motorcycle sales shop.

**Courtesy of MCN**

Best of luck and every good wish for a prosperous future👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/06/2019 20:48  

Thanks for this Linz. Wildmans was my local dealership when I lived near Spilsby and Pete and his wife were good friends. I ought to have a ride through before they retire and wish Chris Lake the best of luck.

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 06/06/2019 21:51  

Good on the lad..Its nice to see a young person with drive and determination, especially in the biking world. Hope he is successful in his venture.

Update Reply
Thunderbird 1 @ 27/06/2019 18:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email