MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Young Club Member Retention

Young Club Member Retention - Forums [Biker Match] Young Club Member Retention - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Young Club Member Retention

Bit of a random one but please bare with.

I am a member of the VSOC (Virago Star Owners Club)

Basically im doing some tarket market research. We seem to have a problem with keeping younger members. Being 30 im one of the youngest in the club and we are nationwide.

My question goes out to the younger riders. What do you look for when joinging an owners/riders club and what would make you stay?

We do rallies, ride outs, events (like bowling), Parties and BBQ's etc. Internation trips. But still struggle to keep or mak younger members. Im worried ill be the last one standing one day lol

Update Reply
Pabz @ 27/05/2019 20:49  

Most of the (active) BM members are way over 30, but that shouldn't stop anyone from joining in. Quite a lot of older members are very young at heart.
Come on you younger members post your response to Pabz 😁

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/05/2019 18:17  

I think pabz was referring to the retension of younger members to his own club, the VSOC, not bm.
Pabz, being niche in respect of solely virago star riders, not all owners want to join an owners club.

Update Reply
Double six @ 29/05/2019 19:04  

Member retention? Fnarr fnarr, soz couldn't help it x

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 29/05/2019 19:53  

LULU!!!! Is your mind in the gutter again? Hahaha

Update Reply
Double six @ 29/05/2019 20:15  

I gave up on the Moto Guzzi owners club many years ago,and moved over to the Italian Motorcycles Owners Club (IMOC) instead as i felt they were a bit less cliquey,welcoming ALL Italian Marques...sometimes one marque or model range is not a good idea,in my experience...retaining a young group is always tricky,enthusiasm without blinkers helps enormously...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2019 21:51  

Nah i know, was just reaching out, doing a bit of research to see what i can do. Im very pro active, got my sister into bikes and she loves them, shes 22. just wonder what people look for in a club to see how i can try help improve things ^_^

Update Reply
Pabz @ 30/05/2019 23:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email