MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Notice for hotmail users

Notice for hotmail users - Forums [Biker Match] Notice for hotmail users - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Notice for hotmail users

Hotmail have banned all websites from sending more than x number of emails per hour to their servers (to stop spam). This means then when a site emails you, it is often delayed as it is sent to other members with hotmail accounts too. This is a ridiculous rule, and is causing mayhem for web developers like myself who have websites that email hundreds of hotmail users per hour. I would ask as many hotmail members as possible to write to hotmail to express their concerns at this stupid new "feature". What's trying to protect you from spam, is actually causing you to not receive your emails on time (From all websites, not just Biker Match). Its causing massive problems for new members who have hotmail accounts, as I can see from the amount of emails I am getting asking for the activation link to be sent. They get this a few hours later, or even days - which makes my websites look crap when its actually hotmail!

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/10/2006 13:10  

yeah when i get a pm its days later when hot mail notify me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Update Reply
RC @ 03/10/2006 13:12  

dont use a hotmail address then...

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2006 16:47  

Matt, how do you know this about MSN hotmail? It's the first I've heard of it, but it may explain why my mail didn't get to me instantly. I sent myself a test maily, just to check that the attachments were ok for when I sent them out for a job application, and it came in ages later. It's not important for me to receive mail quickly if it isn't work related.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/10/2006 21:25  

i complained to my webhost that every email to hotmail users were resulting in errors bouncing back to me saying that the mail has been "delayed". I assumed my webserver had a fault, but got this reply... "This is a hotmail issue they are limiting the number of email per hour that can go to them from every IP, it is happening to many people. Basically it will queue hotmail emails until they are allowing again. It will still deliver but there will be delays. As i siad it is new hotmail rule, and all servers and all providers are affected by this." Basically put - if you have an email or webserver which sends emails to hotmail users - u will find that it gets delayed by at least 3 hours on most occassions from now on. I suggest people switch from using hotmail in protest at this pathetic new rule. Its causing major hassle for website owners and users alike. Try using googles gmail!

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/10/2006 15:42  

Mm it kinda makes a mockery of so-called technology, a bit like a chocolate fireguard...not much fuggin use! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/10/2006 20:16  

You can eat a chocolate fireguard..............

Update Reply
rubecula @ 09/10/2006 03:37  

Or have hot choclate

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 09/10/2006 10:59  

Please can I re-stress this issue. The fact that hotmail blocks more than x number of emails per day from BikerMatch is causing massive problems for users of the site and is generating many support-request emails to myself. Hotmail have set tight "Anti-Spam" blocks on their servers, and in the process have blocked emails from legitimate sites, such as BikerMatch. Many websites owners like myself are fuming. It's not long before some take legal action. The time spent for us replying to people who are having problems due to using hotmail accounts is ridiculous. You may find emails are delayed by up to 5 days... some will never get through. This includes password resets, account activations, etc. Sorry, but it's out of my hands. I would suggest that you all email hotmail to complain about the issue and demand that emails from BikerMatch be let through.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/02/2007 16:11  

here is a link 2 complain to hotmail http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=hotmail&am...ct=eformts

Update Reply
millsy @ 17/02/2007 17:19  

ooooooo, smarty pants

Update Reply
Di @ 17/02/2007 17:58  

i think that was supposed to be a pm 2 me !...pants with smartys on ,trust you to think of that one hehe, your just choc mad really x x

Update Reply
millsy @ 17/02/2007 18:16  

Spot on mate, thanks for looking that up for me. If you write to hotmail, please inform them of the correct web address and mention www.bikechat.net aswell as www.bikermatch.co.uk Fingers crossed they will take action. Im getting sick of it now, how dare they filter out emails from BM? YOU are their customers, so make sure your feelings are heard.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/02/2007 19:39  

for info: This is still being investigated, but we are closer to a solution with Microsoft. VERY annoyed with M$ though. There are over 1,000 hotmail users on this site, ALL affected by this, yet only those who view these forums will understand that it's an issue out of my hands.

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/03/2007 07:49  

hey matt ive emailed them several times and it says they will respond in 24 hours well its been wot 5 weeks havent heard a thing....

Update Reply
millsy @ 29/03/2007 17:43  

lol I got a response straight away. Said to get webhost to fill in a form. Which they did, and got a response asking to contact symantec. So webhost contacted symantec, who said to contact Microsoft.... who said to contact symantec. And thats where we are now

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/03/2007 13:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email