MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires Egg Run 2019

Squires Egg Run 2019 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Squires Egg Run 2019 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires Egg Run 2019

Hi Shawnylew69, there is a meet point around that area (time/details unknown to me). Don't know if any of the 'posse' have been in touch with you yet, but I'm sure one of them will let you know the details. 😉👍

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/03/2019 20:19  

Already done Linz 👍

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 31/03/2019 20:39  

Lol, yeah saw ya pm! Thanks Glyn here's a ⭐ for your Sheriff's waistcoat!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/03/2019 20:41  

There will be marshals directing you at every junction along the route where you need to make a turn. If there is no marshal at a junction or roundabout continue straight on. The route is Squires- Micklefield - Aberford- A168 to Kirby Hill - Thornton Bridge -Brafferton - Raskelf - Easingwold.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 01/04/2019 17:37  

BUMP!

Not long now folks! 🐰🐣🐥🐤🐇

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
This year's Squires Egg Run will be on Sunday 14th April. Leaving Squires at 11a.m. following a fully marshalled route to Easingwold.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/04/2019 07:24  

Does anyone know what is actually going on with this event?
Rumor has it , that easingwold destination has been cancelled!
But nobody seems to know what the plan B is?

Update Reply
Jerry tomahawk @ 10/04/2019 03:41  

Hey Jerry, not heard this at all.

I took the liberty of contacting Vlad and I've had a msg from Vlad that "There is still a rideout going ahead".

Vlad will, no doubt, post an update as soon as he is able to do so.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/04/2019 07:41  

Just been on their FB page, apparently , Easingwold, were frightened about a terrorists attack ?????
Anyway , I believe the plan B is a 25 mile ride round the block, and then back to Squires.
Not really sure if I'am up for that? May well just go and chip in a fiver and then go off to Scarborough or so where.😁

Update Reply
Jerry tomahawk @ 10/04/2019 09:43  

I will post new details as soon as I finish work. There will be a run and there will be a live band at start and finish and it's all being broadcast live on radio. Please be patient this event is organised by myself & 2 others and we have full time jobs.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 10/04/2019 09:54  

The egg run is not going to go to Easingwold on health & safety grounds, one of the requirements was we had to have solid barriers blocking the roads into the market place to stop a terrorist from driving into the crowd . We were told this on Monday & to put this in place we would have to employ a traffic management company and notices of the road closures would have to have been up by the day before they told us. So that ridiculous request was a non starter. The professional medical team with there emergency ambulance were insufficient despite them using a nationally recognised risk assessment for a crowd of 5000 people.
Limiting the crowd of onlookers and bikers to 500. That would mean issuing tickets to the spectators and turning bikes away when we were up to our limit.
So we are now doing plan B

The Egg Run leaves Squires at 11a.m
We will do 25ml. loop returning to Squires
When we return to Squires "The Jokers" will play for an hour.
YO1 will be broadcasting live from Squires throughout the day.
MCN will be doing a feature on the egg run

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 10/04/2019 18:44  

Have copied and pasted the following from Squires FB page.
Just loving the thinly veiled threats from this locally elected official.
Just sorry for all the hard work done by Vlad and his team!

We have just received this message from Frank Johnston Banks. Councillor in Easingwold

A message from Easingwold to everyone at Squires.
The event which meant going to Easingwold has been cancelled.
For the sake of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and the future of your Egg Run, please take part in the organised event even if you guys are thinking of not doing it this year.
The authorities have said that 1000 bikes coming to Easingwold is dangerous without the proper procedures in place and you do not want to annoy them - or you will have big problems next organising this event for next year.
There will be no Marshall’s, no first aiders and probably not enough parking for all of your bikes as no areas are going to be cordoned off so locals will be out in force with their cars.
Please do the Egg Run as Chris has and is still putting a lot of work into making it happen and to raise money for the YAA. That is the most important thing you have to do on Sunday.

If after the Run, you still wish to come to Easingwold you would be welcome as individuals - but Please Do The Run First!! If you do come, then that is nothing to do with Squires.
Bear in mind parking will be limited and the police are likely to be out in force.
Thank you

Update Reply
Jerry tomahawk @ 10/04/2019 22:06  

Jerry I've just been looking at the above post online too ...

The bit I'm really annoyed about is
"you do not want to annoy them - or you will have big problems next organising this event for next year"
Who in God's name would even consider wasting their time & money organising something next year for a venue that pulled such a stunt so late in the day?!

I really hope that Chris, Vlad & the rest of the Team and more importantly an extremely high percentage of attendees tell Easingwold where to stick their 'welcome to Easingwold as individuals' by opting to spend their downtime in other villages n towns around Yorkshire. Perhaps traders and Councillors will realise the major error made when the cash in the tills isn't what they were hoping for?!

I will be at Squires to show support for the cause and those individuals who deserve a medal for carrying on regardless in the face of adversity. However, I will NOT be going to Easingwold.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/04/2019 23:23  

The eggs are upstairs because last year some went missing. Not pointing the finger but there are a lot of chavs attending the car meets

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 11/04/2019 08:05  

Lindsay
I will , as I have said previously, going up to Squires to show my support, and then on to a place that will actually want and appreciate my custom.
The people of Easingwold are, i'am sure, lovely, but they need to start voting these" little Hitler" types out of office! Who's goal is self gratification and not the welfare of the community that the claim to represent (sound familiar?)
Rant over.

Update Reply
Jerry tomahawk @ 11/04/2019 08:41  

These people that are voted into office can also be voted out, they need reminding of that. Good luck with the event.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2019 15:16  

Will see you at Squires Jerry👍

We have several 'options' to suggest & discuss when we all meet up at Squires to make a decision. Although we will be spending part of the day at Squires to show support for The Egg Run, Chris, Vlad and The Team

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/04/2019 19:54  

What time you meeting to suggest and discuss Lindsay might come for a brew then go to Easingwold individually

Update Reply
Al65 @ 13/04/2019 00:08  

Hey Al, long time no see! 👋 Hope all is well with you n yours.

It will be around 9.30am - 9.45am when we all arrive, I think there's about half a dozen bikes (BMers) riding in together from South Yorkshire(ish) area.

See you there!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/04/2019 07:13  

The sun has got it's Easter Bonnet on 👒. Yippee!

See you all soon 😁 👍

Ride safe.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/04/2019 07:55  

Turnout was reasonably good considering the chilly weather. Good to see lots of happy smiing people supporting this event. Thanks to Chris, Vlad and The Team for organising today, in the face of adversity. Pat yourselves on the back.

A quick rideout, a cuppa tea and then a bimble across to Norwood to The Sun Inn, fabulous roads, great company and a really tasty Chicken sarnie n chips! A huge THANK YOU to Glynn for the pilly it was greatly appreciated. You are da man!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/04/2019 18:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email