MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Underglow LED lights

Underglow LED lights (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Underglow LED lights (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Underglow LED lights

Suppose that's the beauty of living in a democracy...being able to speak your mind without censorship ....(looks up)...ooh !! this one's under the "Anything goes" header...cool..x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/10/2018 14:33  

And i still think they look as good as .....apehangers with tassels...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/10/2018 14:35  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
The only lights that get put on the load are for oversized loads so the over width or length of the load can be clearly seen the Amber side markers along the vehicle are a legal requirement
As I can see them passing. Some lorries are lit up like christmas trees. I even noticed a white van with lights along it's side.

I think I meant along the trailer. All the lorries seem to have these. I think they became a requirement after lorries crossing roads(at dark junctions) had car drivers smack into their sides. I can see how lighting that can be seen from the side, on a motorbike would be beneficial, especially if someone is changing lanes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2018 14:05  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Suppose that's the beauty of living in a democracy...being able to speak your mind without censorship ....(looks up)...ooh !! this one's under the "Anything goes" header...cool..x
One minute apologising for being a pedant, next confusing Democracy with Freedom of Speech(although I'm aware the two are linked).

I know the OP asked for 'comments, advise, criticisms', but there is a way of saying things without laying in with the heavy criticism. Maybe this type of lighting appeals to the younger generation, or those with more modern bikes. I'd just like a brighter tail/stop light!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2018 15:58  

Brighter stop tail light..?Which bike are we talking..?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/10/2018 17:12  

And i never apologise for being a pedant...but at least i admit to being one...;)> There's the rub...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/10/2018 17:19  

I know, and it's endemic on forums. Especially when everything can be checked and verified so quickly.

I've updated my old headlamp bulb, but I'm not sure if I can do the same with rear stop/tail light(on 850 guzzi), any ideas? (Just checked it's a 21/5 W bulb, there is an LED replacement but same wattage) I am amazed at what I can update on a 1950's engine/70's bike. I'm surprised they keep coming up with improvements.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2018 17:54  

Check ALL earth connections relating to lighting circuit,clean ALL connectors thoroughly, look on Ebay under 'LED Motorcycle Bulbs'...rear tail light/stop bulbs in LED format are about 80% brighter than conventional ones,dearer but seem to last longer...Any Guzzi twin can be modified to the hilt,simply depends how deep the pockets are....best mod. i tried was a Transcontinental (Swiss?)clutch on a Spada..one finger operation...bliss :)>Don't have a problem with any of my Hinckley Triumphs on lighting front.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/10/2018 18:09  

jinx>thanks. I've just had the bike rewired. This video seems to say that on test LED are no brighter than an incandescent original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeKOgHgUn0

Also in this article he seems to think that it would be better to have two separate bulbs, although with one bulb the 2397 is noticeably brighter than the 1156/1157. There's an interesting comparison table which I'm still trying to make sense of. https://www.webbikeworld.com/1157-1156-light-bulb-comparison/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2018 20:40  

No matter who rewired it,check them anyway...and don't rely on someone else's word for how bright bulbs are compared to UFO's discharge..buy some,ride in the dark, and make your own decision based on your own experience..if it's better than what you have,use it...:)> My V1000G5 has a twin bulb tail light,brighter than a lot of modern rear lamps..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/10/2018 22:00  

I will never forget the night I learned the hard way when coming home from a night shift one winter's morn at 6am, my headlamp bulb blew and I had to use my indicators on the darkest of dark country lanes home for 10 miles... I was crawling along... even though I knew the road, after that by feck I soon learned which bulbs were best, how to fix them and also to carry extra in my specs case to protect 'em...just in case it ever happened again!!! Lol x

Update Reply
Lulu7 @ 29/10/2018 22:06  

You would have thought it was innocent post lol and so many different other topics popped up. Will upload photo Saturday night of how it looks 😉 Maybe some people will realize it's not too bad idea. Of course wouldn't put it on a cruiser bike or an adventurer, they have other things they "show off" with . Hopefully won't burn too quick . Wiring it to ignition as well, not the battery

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/10/2018 20:12  

Good one Raimond. I think anything that makes us more visible is a benefit(plus it is aesthetic if done tastefully).

I've been sticking that tape on the side of my bike. Will do more after I've repainted it(again!). The laws have been changed in France, and bikers have to have a specific amount of reflective tape and material on their helmets and jackets(although some biker groups are challenging this, so it may change).

Next I'd like a feakin big sounding lorry horn, to wake up dozy drivers. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/10/2018 21:14  

Just type in "world's loudest motorcycle horn" on search engines...the Candian guy with a 250 Honda Custom is a classic..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/10/2018 21:18  

Just read earlier posts on fitting blue flashing lights to bikes and I consider that to be extremely selfish and irresponsible. You’re just devaluing the flashing blue to the detriment of, among others, Blood Bikers and motorcycle paramedics who use it sparingly to save lives.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/11/2018 09:25  

You can not have flashing lights on a vehicle unless they are amber indicator's or warning lights. If you were yo put a blue flashing light on a vehicle you would probably be charged with impersonating police which carry's a stiff penalty

Update Reply
JP @ 04/11/2018 11:24  

Thanks you two! I'd forgotten about these, but just ordered a pair on Amazon. Yes they are apparently illegal, but compared to having someone pull out in front of me, I'll take my chances.

(One of my interests is Cultural Analysis. That extends to how people act on forums. People taking their petty grievances across threads is nothing new. But trawling through someone's past posts, just to moan, and play faux self righteous. I'm re writing my definition of 'desperate').

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2018 14:32  

“Dragons, today in the den I’m seeking a £10 investment for 49% share in my company Simracer Holographic Interactive Training Environments.
My idea is to feed on the fear of getting out on a motorcycle by creating an experience in your armchair. Just think, no more difficult rain to deal with, no other road users to ride into, no need to concentrate “really hard” to stay on the road. It’s time to leave the dangerous roads to the fast food delivery companies. Ducati have seen the writing on the wall with the 2019 Panagale enabling the user to scroll through the rider modes and select ‘Pizza Delivery Mode’, which instantly softens up the suspension, deflates the tyres, routes an arm wrenching 10bhp and 7ft-lbs of torque to the back wheel, puts a hinge in the middle of the frame and optionally lights up like a fairground ride. But true to the Ducati tradition there are some beautifully detailed pizza delivery box tie down points. The Japanese aren’t taking this lying down and they’re fighting back with ‘Sushi Delivery Mode’ on all their top end bikes. And Enfield are getting in on the act with their much anticipated ‘Nothing too hot and spicy’ rider mode.
Sony and Nissan invested three tenths of diddly squat in the GT Academy to select 8 real world racers from 1 million gamer entrants. They succeeded in raising millions of dollars in games sales, merchandising and advertising and filling 8 middle and back row grid slots every Sunday afternoon.
The sales potential is huge, with a branded race team and merchandising it’ll be bigger than a church fete and it’ll fly off the shelves in Fastnet. Integrated with its sister SAHA (trademark) fast food delivery app you’ll simply book your next meal by driving past the virtual restaurant and concentrating “really hard”.
The £10 will be used on branding. That’s a pint and a packet of crisps for me and a graphic designer to come up with the logo. Simracer Holographic Interactive Training Environments is too long for a logo so we’ll use an acronym combined with a motivational word like ‘Simply!’ or ‘Totally!’ or ‘Completely!’ or “Utter!”.
Soon every household will be watching the “Simply! SHITE” race team, wearing their “Completely! SHITE” tee-shirts and baseball caps and drinking from their “Totally! SHITE” tea cups and chanting the slogan, “The future isn’t motorcycling, the future is Utter! SHITE.””.
SAHA trademark is owned by the Salmonella and Heart Attack company. All rights reserved.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2018 16:34  

Effing brilliant SD, pmsl hahahahahahahaahahaha

Update Reply
Tezza1958 @ 05/11/2018 17:02  

Bows low,arms extended...SD,We Are Not Worthy...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/11/2018 19:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email