MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

William Dunlop

William Dunlop - Forums [Biker Match] William Dunlop - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

William Dunlop

Taken from The Independent ...

William Dunlop has died after a crash during the Skerries 100 road race in Ireland, aged 32.

Race organisers the Loughshinny Motorcycle Supporters Club announced on that Dunlop, a regular at the Isle of Man TT and North West 200, had succumbed to injuries suffered in an accident earlier in the day.

Dunlop was competing in practice for the County Dublin event at the time of the crash. It’s understood that the Ballymoney rider was competing in open practice on his Temple Gold Club-backed Yamaha R1 when he crashed near Sam’s Tunnel on his third lap around 17:00 BST.

The session was immediately red flagged so that medics and Gardai could attend the scene, but he was pronounced dead soon after.
Terrible, sad news. My thoughts go to his family and friends at this time.

RIP William

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/07/2018 21:58  

Sad news and another loss to road racing but he did what he loved and paid the ultimate price.

Update Reply
JP @ 08/07/2018 06:39  

I'm shocked. Another part to the tragic story of the Dunlops.

Agree with JP. After seeing a few Dunlop documentaries, he did what he wanted to do. He knew the risks and died still competing and doing something he loved. Even though it's sad, for the family.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 08/07/2018 11:05  

Oh my goodness how very sad 😔 indeed..... I just cannot believe another Dunlop family member gone 🤐🤐 but indeed doing what he loved and had passion for

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2018 15:13  

Such a shame, rip fella.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/07/2018 19:58  

Such a terrible thing to happen, made even worse by the fact he and his partner, were expecting their second child.

William's funeral is to be held on Wednesday 09 July 2018 at Garryduff Presbyterian Church at 13:00hrs.

The funeral services for Joey and Robert were also at Garryduff Presbyterian Church and William will be buried alongside his father.

Books of condolence have been opened and can be signed in
* Ballymoney Town Hall
* Coleraine Town Hall
* Roe Valley Arts & Cultural Centre in Limavady
* Sheskburn House in Ballycastle

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/07/2018 19:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email