MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Chatroom numbers

Chatroom numbers - Forums [Biker Match] Chatroom numbers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Chatroom numbers

I think it might be useful to know if anyone else is actually logged into the chatroom, instead of posting a msg and wondering if anyone is there :-)

Thanks Frank

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2018 14:08  

I have to admit the previous version of chat was much clearer. When you logged into chat a thumbnail profile pic appeared alongside chat, so you knew who was in there. When you logged out your pic disappeared. Marvellous!

When Matt did the update the 'Chat Flap' was designed so that you went straight into Chat. Technically if you are logged into BM then you are in chat, which I must admit I do prefer.

I agree that an idea of who is actively in there would be great but is it possible? I dunno!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/06/2018 09:16  

It wS a bit livelier before, I found and the colour crayons made it more fun too.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2018 12:14  

No real humour any more , it was killed off by a certain touchy control freak, its now full of bullshit and I wont be going in there again, that should please some, as if I,m bothered.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2018 13:28  

Thanks Lindsay for relevant comments...

An easy option then, simply show if no other users are logged into chat except yourself :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2018 14:11  

Its the quietest chat room I've been in - altough that isnt a great number.
I find it tricky when I use it on the phone, easier on the laptop.
But yes, I agree it would be nice to see if anyone is there when you are

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2018 19:36  

This query has been discussed before, with Matt (webmaster/site owner) stating no one would go in if it showed the room was empty, or words to that effect.
I'm sure Matt will correct me if I'm wrong.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/07/2018 08:07  

Twice in as many days someone has tried to chat with me, but as they couldn't see if I was in the room they might think I am being ignorant.

Update Reply
Double six @ 07/07/2018 08:58  

I tried it once months ago and couldn't stick the fact you can't see if anyone is in or not and as 66 says you may unknowingly be ignoring someone who tries to chat, not my cup o' tay, easier to PM to be honest x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2018 12:06  

I just think if someone doesn't answer then they clearly ain't in the room but probably checking forums etc........ Even if it shows people as "in the room" they still can go and check forums and so if you worry they are ignoring you it still might happen!!
I think just go in and type hellooo..... Then if anyones in they can chat back at ya if they want to
Yayyy 😁😁
I to wish it was used more and was more sociable though

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2018 14:30  

Has the colour palette been reinstated? In MHO taking it away just made it difficult to keep up with the chat, with everyone's text being the same colour.
Since I changed from computer to mobile phone keypad I find it difficult to type as fast as I used to, so that puts me off going in.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/07/2018 23:50  

Yrs I loved the colour typing too Sandi it made it much more fun 😎

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2018 15:33  

Just had a thought...... If the chat icon/tab actually flashed a diff colour or turned a diff colour when a message is posted then everyone would know..... And if there's lots of continuous conversations then the icon stays that different colour...... So you can see there is conversation....... Gonna pm matt see what he says.... Coz I'm sure matt said that tab is meant to flash but mine never has.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2018 13:33  

My tab has never flashed either
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I'm sure matt said that tab is meant to flash but mine never has.....

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/07/2018 19:47  

The "chat flap" as Matt called it used to flash . . . then it stopped.
I did enquire about this - apparently it was something my end 'cos it was working at Matt's end.

Update Reply
GHW @ 14/07/2018 23:18  

I've messaged Matt about the "chat tab" flashing or changing colour or at least doing something!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2018 12:05  

Nothing has ever been flashed at me on here...☹️

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2018 18:25  

That's what Matt told me. To be honest I don't think I'd like it to flash. Perhaps the chat tab could be made to change colour when someone is in the room? Eh, Matt? 🙂

Quote: GHW
The "chat flap" as Matt called it used to flash . . . then it stopped.
I did enquire about this - apparently it was something my end 'cos it was working at Matt's end.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2018 20:02  

Here here 👍

Quote: Suzi
I've messaged Matt about the "chat tab" flashing or changing colour or at least doing something!!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2018 20:05  

Lmfaooo panunu 😂 😝 😝 😝

Sandi yoyr comment that yoyr tab has never flashed made me titter 😂😂😂🤣🤣

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2018 20:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email