MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

App recommendations

App recommendations - Forums [Biker Match] App recommendations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

App recommendations

Anyone know of any must have apps for your rides?

Currently I only use yamaha’s My ride but wondered if there was anything better?

Update Reply
Na5ty @ 13/05/2018 09:03  

Why do you need an App to ride a bike?

Update Reply
Tezza1958 @ 13/05/2018 09:42  

If you see a road that you don't know where it goes RIDE IT and find out. If you don't enjoy it move on if you did enjoy it turn round and do it the other way

Update Reply
JP @ 15/05/2018 18:37  

Agree with Tezza and JP there as there are some real delights found by just following your nose and see where you end up.

If you do feel the need for an app, then BBR or BestBikingRoads isn't too bad and free to use. Available for Android or Apple. Allows you to browse or create routes, including a "near me" option that looks for local rides. Contains routes from around the world too, if that appeals.

This alternative probably wouldn't suit Speed Jockeys but trying to follow a SatNav while riding briskly is looking for trouble anyway. It's not an app but I've had some memorable rides that I doubt I would ever have found, when using my Garmin Zumo sat-nav set to "Curvy Roads". Just set a destination and it'll do the rest.

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 17/05/2018 15:20  

Thanks NotPhillMitchell.

Update Reply
Na5ty @ 17/05/2018 15:49  

try scenic, rever or calimoto. To plan trips use basecamp or my route-app. Scenic is quite good for recording rides and sharing routes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2018 22:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email