MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Deleted Members

Deleted Members - Forums [Biker Match] Deleted Members - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Deleted Members

Matt, is it possible to delete the posts made by deleted members?
It's especially frustrating in the offer a pillion topic.
They're offering lifts but their profile has been deleted.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/04/2018 19:47  

Sandi the trouble with that is the threads will make even less sense if half the posts are deleted. And why would anybody looking for a pilly try and contact a deleted member
lol

Update Reply
JP @ 07/04/2018 20:11  

Sandi I have just had a look at the pilly lifts thread and I think it is only 1 profile that has been deleted as they are all 317 miles from me

Update Reply
JP @ 08/04/2018 18:36  

John I didn't say pillions would try and contact them.
Seems really weird that quite a few newbies have deleted their profile, or had their profiles deleted by staff.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Sandi the trouble with that is the threads will make even less sense if half the posts are deleted. And why would anybody looking for a pilly try and contact a deleted member
lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/04/2018 20:11  

Sorry sandi just me forgetting that folk on bm are capable of tela pathetic communication. How do they get to except a lift or offer a lift if they don't contact them. They probably deleted there profile because they got fed up with the complaints about there profile pic.

Update Reply
JP @ 10/04/2018 05:19  

Just a thought..... Can they reactivate their profile at any point and if they can then the post will make sense again??!! 😝

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2018 15:17  

Posts for deleted members used to be deleted. But this had a knock-on effect or removing entire topics if they were the original poster. It also meant that threads didn't read well if a deleted member was highly involved in the discussion.

And, of course, sometimes accounts are temporarily disabled or profiles hidden giving people the chance to come back at a later date, unless they completely delete their account.

As far as I can see it's hardly a big problem. There's very few people posting recently in the forums and then deleting their account.

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/04/2018 08:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email