MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Event notifications

NEW: Event notifications - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Event notifications - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Event notifications

I often get requests from members if I can send out an email notification to everyone within X miles of an event they are running, to help get some interest in their ride out, BBQ, rally, whatever.

Well it used to be a bit of work for me so I only did it for the big events.

BUT.... I've fixed that :-D It's now automatic for every event submitted!

Twice per day the server will now check for new events and will email any BMer local to the event (in accordance with their personal email preferences set under My Account \ Edit)

Members will not be notified about more than 1 event within the space of 2 days. So if 10 events are added for the same postcode at the same time, you will receive maximum 1 notification!

Notifications will not be sent until an event is coming up within 60 days. Not for events in the past or next year.

Please let me know what your experience is of this

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/04/2018 15:39  

Excellent.

Update Reply
Na5ty @ 05/04/2018 15:53  

Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/04/2018 16:41  

Nice one Boss Man saves organisers some time :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/04/2018 19:14  

Cool, at least l will now get some messages, even if they are aoutomated..lol..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2018 20:10  

Lmfao kawasaki trev 😂😂🤣

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2018 16:16  

Can someone explain why there are so many events on the calendar that nobody is going to including the member that added it

Update Reply
JP @ 26/04/2018 12:27  

I guess msybe people add stuff they think others may like?? And maybe people go but don't click attending

I think BM has changed considerably as it do many new folk tgat seem to be more Facebook orientated and font actually interact at all....

The times they are a changing......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2018 20:58  

Yes they are changing and not always for the best

Update Reply
JP @ 27/04/2018 21:12  

I agree totally JP

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2018 21:14  

Matt, my experience is that I get notification either the nite before, or the same day, as the event. Fair enough it's local but I need longer notice than that as I have to try and organise a lift!
I'm disabling the notifications until you've sorted it out

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I often get requests from members if I can send out an email notification to everyone within X miles of an event they are running, to help get some interest in their ride out, BBQ, rally, whatever.

Well it used to be a bit of work for me so I only did it for the big events.

BUT.... I've fixed that :-D It's now automatic for every event submitted!

Twice per day the server will now check for new events and will email any BMer local to the event (in accordance with their personal email preferences set under My Account \ Edit)

Members will not be notified about more than 1 event within the space of 2 days. So if 10 events are added for the same postcode at the same time, you will receive maximum 1 notification!

Notifications will not be sent until an event is coming up within 60 days. Not for events in the past or next year.

Please let me know what your experience is of this

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/09/2018 13:16  

If I remember rightly Matt said he wants more events posting to the calendar.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Can someone explain why there are so many events on the calendar that nobody is going to including the member that added it

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/09/2018 13:47  

The New Calendar does not work for events planning it shows very little detail compared to the older site

Update Reply
JP @ 16/09/2018 14:12  

Well that's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard then, init!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/09/2018 14:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email