MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wheres the romance?

Wheres the romance? - Forums [Biker Match] Wheres the romance? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wheres the romance?

I have been on this site on and off for a few years. I was hoping to meet a genuine guy , but .. what a load of time wasting, egoistic lot you are, and the other type treat this site as a cheap knocking shop, my membership runs out in a few days, thank God,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2018 11:26  

plenty of romance on here if you look for it. Plenty of matches made over the years and happy ones at that.

Getting involved on all the forums, chat room and attending events gets you much much more than just pming people. Not just romance but friends as well.

Yes there are those who want a quickie, but you know who they are in the first few emails.

Its a shame you feel that you've not found what or who you are looking for, but there are plenty of really nice blokes (and ladies if that's yer bag) on here so please don't brand them all as time wasting and egotistical.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/03/2018 14:33  

Littlebird, you have obviously been looking in the wrong place!

Admittedly, there are a few members (both male & female) who use this site for the purposes you mention above.

However, there are many more people on this site who use it for social reasons to meet others with similar interests and make friends, which often leads to a relationship.

In just under 5 years, I have (personally) only ever come across two males that were not quite as honest as they should have been, both of whom are no longer on this site.

I met my partner on here by attending The Pilly Run in June 2013, we have been together ever since.

Perhaps using this site for 'romance' reasons is not necessarily the way forward. Ideally if you use it as a way of meeting members at rallies, events and rideouts. Getting to know folk face-to-face and see their interaction with others and whether you can be friends or indeed if you 'click' with someone.

I note your profile indicates you are seeking 'males' and that there has been no interaction on the forums (except for this one) nor have you attended any events, perhaps expecting 'romance' via PM's was/is a little blinkered.

Please Note: several marriages have taken place since I joined BM and as far as I am aware they are still going strong.

I wish you luck finding yourself someone elsewhere.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/03/2018 14:59  

Profile says your looking for a friend

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2018 15:00  

Yep, your properly right, not very good at all this computer lark!! Meaning to get to a few rallies , and have some fun! All this typing hurts my fingers!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2018 15:14  

To be honest Littleburd untill you posted this I did't know you were even on site. Which means many other member will never have known you were there either.

Looking on your profile you show no events or posts made untill this one. Which means basically your below the radar of the large majority of members. Saying you. Sending and receiving PM's to contact people really will limit your contacts.

Getting known on the forums and making friends here as well as going to events and meeting up will bear more fruit. It really does work on here. But if you don't put anything in you really won't get anything out.

Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2018 00:10  

I joined her in May last yr and was sceptical but since interacting and joining the chat I have met some great people and have been given a good shove to change my life and get out there and do what I love. There may be romance on my horizon through bm but I am not going to announce anything. Get involved and get on some rallies, you never know what is around the next corner if you don't turn it

Update Reply
Serenhondacbr splodge @ 29/03/2018 13:56  

You will only get out what you put in so get along to a meet then you will see there are folk out there looking to meet up

Update Reply
JP @ 30/03/2018 19:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email