MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

So where are your roots?

So where are your roots? - Forums [Biker Match] So where are your roots? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

So where are your roots?

Thought this maybe an interesting topic.
I currently live in deepest West Cornwall, beautiful, peaceful, scenic surroundings by the sea.
But I started off life in London, the family moved when I was a little nipper to North Bedfordshire where I grew up (apparently haha) still a big kid at heart.. Then after many years of traveling back and forth to Devon and Penwith area of Cornwall visiting friends, I decided to move down there. I'm not sure if it's where I'll stay but it's home right now.... What about you?

Update Reply
Lynne @ 11/03/2018 12:46  

My roots are in Kent, born in the seaside town of ramsgate. Mum from Durham originally, dad from Ireland. Parents moved to Durham area 28 yrs ago , when visiting liked it up here, so when I got divorced I moved up to be near them, as are now elderly and may need my support in the future. :) that's all folks!!!!!! :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2018 16:10  

My roots are the north east... and here I stay.
But I've always been and outdoorsy type, I like wild open spaces and I can't be doing with dense traffic. Why would I move anywhere else lol.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/03/2018 17:13  

Hey, thank you for joining in.
Living down in Cornwall at the moment I always get asked "so are you Cornish?" So I thought I would give myself and anyone else the opportunity to explain and share where their life has taken them.
Bike life down here is alive and can be the only means of transport. So Bike nights are a busy evening.
Clear roads and great ride outs 😀

Update Reply
Lynne @ 11/03/2018 18:25  

God's country east Yorkshire lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2018 18:36  

Mother from Kent, father from North Yorkshire. Currently living on west Yorkshire. Good roads are 10mins away, just enough time to warm the tyres...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/03/2018 23:47  

My roots are in Liverpool, been away for 35 yrs now, with 20 yrs in west London. Am beginning to get a bit homesick, can sense a move back to the area in the near future. Unless my head gets turned once again.

Update Reply
Kawasakibill @ 12/03/2018 11:06  

Born and bred in Shropshire but my ancestors originate from Normandy and can be traced to 1066

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/03/2018 12:37  

Smiler I might have know your family would have caused a big fight lol

Update Reply
JP @ 12/03/2018 15:11  

Lol jp and we win

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/03/2018 20:13  

Originally from SouthLondon. But due to all sorts of odd accidents and bad choices I have been all over the place.

Have landed in some hilly hills in West Yorkshire/Peak District . I like it here. I suspect I'm staying unless I make another choice that moves me.

As long as I have my bikes and people around me who know how to laugh I will be home, where ever that is.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/03/2018 21:59  

North east all my life no better place your never far away form country sied or the sea

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/03/2018 13:59  

Born on "the chalk" in Chiltons [ Wendover,RAF Halton ] [cant live on chalk now because of chest] moved to far East till was 5 then back and all over UK and Germany as forces kid .Parents split up mum moved to Fylde coast so that became "home"
Apart from me globe trotting round northern hemisphere over next 20 years the area is still home .Reasonably snow free winters and warm summers although constant winds, as on Wyre estuary with Morecambe Bay. Fabulous views across the bay at English Lake District to the north and the Pennines to the East [with all the nice lanes on my doorstep]
That is it so far . . .

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 13/03/2018 17:37  

Born in South Yorkshire, moved, at the age of 8 with my parents and one of my sisters, to Hampshire. There for 11 years, then due to circumstances beyond my control I reluctantly moved back to South Yorkshire.

Got married 5 years later and moved to Scotland and later moved to Gibraltar for 2 and a half years.
Back to Scotland then back to South Yorkshire.
Divorced, moved to Windsor for a very brief time then back to Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. Been here about 17 years.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/07/2018 20:16  

Wow Sandi, you've travelled a lot. Back to beautiful Yorkshire now.
I haven't been there for a few years now, but frequented Otley quite often. Stunning countryside.
I'm thinking of another move at the end of the year to south Devon..
I'm not sure where I will end up though in the long run lol.. 😂

Update Reply
Lynne @ 29/07/2018 10:41  

Haha yes Lynne, and that doesn't include the times we moved home while we were in Yorkshire. On average about every two years.
I think my dad was either from gypsy stock, or wanted by the police 😉 😂
and I married a service man, hence the moves to Scotland and Gibraltar.
----------------------------------------------------

Quote: Lynne
Wow Sandi, you've travelled a lot. Back to beautiful Yorkshire now.
I haven't been there for a few years now, but frequented Otley quite often. Stunning countryside.
I'm thinking of another move at the end of the year to south Devon..
I'm not sure where I will end up though in the long run lol.. 😂

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/07/2018 17:34  

My father was from Iceland and my mother was from Cuba....

I am an Ice Cube lololol

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Seriously though, my dad was from South Yorkshire, mum from here in N Ireland, born here and lived in England (both North and South) long time from a young age so I'm back here in N I only a few years, hardly know the place but getting there :)

If we are talking spiritual roots/homes, mine is in beautiful Arizona, left my soul there somewhere out in the desert on a visit a few years back and will return there one day!!! ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/07/2018 18:11  

Hahaha funny Eliza 😂

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/07/2018 23:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email