MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

International Womens Day

International Womens Day - Forums [Biker Match] International Womens Day - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

International Womens Day

International Womens Day - In praise of Housewives

On International Womens' Day many women who are not running PR companies, writing blockbuster novels, flying fast jets, rowing the Atlantic solo or presenting TV shows may feel a little excluded. Those who promote the event-day never seem to recognise the work and achievements of a massive group of women in Britain without whose contribution we would be a poorer nation indeed - our Housewives.

They dress and clean the kids, keep the house immaculate, ensure the fridge is always stocked, never forget a birthday, always make time to take a phone call, manage money superlatively, provide a constant emotional crutch and a mothers' touch and are imbued with a level of emotional intelligence that makes life run smoothly. They know the bin and recycling days for months ahead, the dog's flea spot schedule, are on first name terms with every other mother at the school, read the parish newsletter, have an eye for a bargain sharper than an eagle spotting a shrew, support their elderly parents, graft from dawn til midnight and yet never appear to answer the door other than looking relaxed and groomed. They can also do at least four things at once and bring universal joy by being amongst the few who still write letters. They run on a bit of sympathy and a few hugs - surprisingly low maintenance - and are resilient to most pests and diseases.

Thankyou.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2018 10:47  

Nicely put Panuno

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2018 12:07  

.....and some can ride motorbikes

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 08/03/2018 13:47  

Nicely put Panuno

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2018 13:53  

Nicely put, feisty girl! You miss the point, panuno. We women like to aspire to great things, as well as being respected for the day to day drudgery we ALL have to do, or what is expected of us. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up to the stars. Ive nothing against there being a Mens Day with men aspiring to be, or respecting, househusbands! Or fighter pilots, for that matter! But you dont really need one, do you:-)Likewise it will never happen! Love and peace x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2018 14:05  

Thank you, very nice. I’m not a housewife but still do all those things along with my job. You can’t come across a lot of men who recognise and respect women in that sense, more than often women and housewives are pillars of family. It’s nice to hear it so thank you again x 👍

Update Reply
Snow White 6691 @ 08/03/2018 14:11  

It’s lovely to see that there are some men out there who actually consider what the Housewife roll involves & yes many of us aren’t high flyers or on a mission to save the universe but end up juggling many balls successfully. Kind words, thank you x

Update Reply
Bobbinz @ 08/03/2018 15:46  

I want to celebrate my friendship with all the strong inspiring women on bikermatch. I won’t list names but I think you know who you are. Hold your heads high and keep strong. Much love x

Update Reply
She11 @ 08/03/2018 16:06  

Respect, to all women, and men, who work hard, love hard, and are trying to be the best person they can be. No matter what they do. I hope my daughter grows up with the confidence to believe she can do, and be, anything she wants to be, no matter what men expect of her or want from her. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2018 16:45  

Panuno, International Women's Day is for all women, not just housewives.
I appreciate your sentiments tho, thank you. 🤗

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/03/2018 08:23  

Today is 'International Women’s Day'. It was supposed to be yesterday but they took too long to get ready....

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 09/03/2018 10:20  

Ha! Respect to everyone who follows their dreams...no matter how long it takes them:-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 11:27  

Ditto, although I think I,ve been following a horrific nightmare.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 11:33  

I'm having a wry chuckle at some of the apparent umbrage taken, and the complete mis-reading of the post. Simon & Garfunkel anyone?... ' A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest...'. - you can substitute gender neutral for man if you like. The point wasn't missed at all, but rather it was reinforced (and of course we realise it for all women...) - it was a celebration of the humble as well as the great.

The words aren't mine, my brother wrote them a few years ago, about my wife.
He adored her and she loved him for it. But I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, and I thought it would be nice to share them.
So if that offended you (and god knows how), get over it, and give those shoulders a quick brush.
I'm off to celebrate the other 364 people days....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 13:16  

Bloody hell Pan..... I don't know anyone that is all those things..... And if they are...... What drugs are they on... "always opens the door with a smile!!!.... Pmsl..... Anyway good on the person who is all those things but I listened to radio 2 and they were talking about a bedtime story book fir girls and one story wS based on a true story of a girl who learnt to hunt with a golden Eagle........ From a young age it was her plaything...... Instead of plastic kitchens cups and pink dolls...... A golden Eagle 🦅..... I that's what I call awesome.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 18:28  

You and you wife were clearly very much in love bless ya

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 19:12  

No offence was taken! Just putting my tuppeneth worth in! Er. ."housewife" IS gendered?! I wonder, panini, do you admire the self sacrifice needed to be a full time housewife (horrible name anyway), or do you actually believe only women are suited to those tasks? I would add, that housewifery is not held in high esteem, or respected, because its work men do no want to do themselves! If they did, we'd get a proper wage for it. We can't aim for the stars, whatever profession or work that may be, whilst we are doing your dishes! Love and peace!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 19:45  

I believe love is...helping each other fly...and both making equal sacrifices x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 19:47  

It was International Women's Day...not Mothers Day!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2018 19:51  

Personally I think giving women shoes and unlocking the chain to the cooker was a mistake!

Update Reply
Double six @ 09/03/2018 20:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email