MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Matches '

Matches ' - Forums [Biker Match] Matches ' - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Matches '

Hi, not been on here in a while on and off, back after an awful 18 month relationship and was wondering has anyone actually met their soul mate on BM.
I know this isn't only what this site is about, but just curious 🙉🙊🙈 x

Update Reply
angelrobins @ 02/03/2018 02:18  

I belive a few have so Don give up just yet

Update Reply
JP @ 02/03/2018 03:28  

Thought I had!!! But not to be so now looking for a nice social and friends scene. good luckx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2018 06:06  

I have been a member for a few years now and luckily last year i found a very nice gent through BM. To a lot of us this isn't a dating site but a great biker social site from which there has been some bloody good events and great friends made. So just enjoy the site, go to events and you never know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2018 08:37  

I think you should go with the attitude that you are going to make great friends!! The rest is in the hands of the god's!! :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2018 09:45  

The more you put in the more you get out.

If you use the forums and get known then you attend more events you will find it easer to meet people. The more events the more people the more friends abd contacts you will meet and the more likley it will be you meet some one.

If you dont use the site nd the events and meets that are set up by this site them you will never meet some one on here.

Its a simple recipe. I meet my GF on here 5 years ago and been with her ever since. I know quiet a few people that have a simular story.

The best way is go meet up an event with the view to making friends. The rest will follow.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2018 18:16  

Some do, and some don't. Treat it as a social site, make friends, get involved and see what happens.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/03/2018 08:00  

I know 7 couples that are long term, years now, and met through BM and 4 of the couples are married and one soon to be...... So.....yes.....anything is possible 😉
And it's where I've made some darn good buddies on here and had some good laughs........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2018 16:18  

See the testimonies page, and there's a thread somewhere, where folk tell you their success stories.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hi, not been on here in a while on and off, back after an awful 18 month relationship and was wondering has anyone actually met their soul mate on BM.
I know this isn't only what this site is about, but just curious 🙉🙊🙈 x

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/03/2018 16:41  

And whats even more impressive with BM is its a bloody strong and loyal comunity where the members realy do put them selves out to help.

But it only works if you join in. Many people comment or complain on here that its clicky, or the never find anybone it never get to events. Then you look at there profile and see there has been zero input on forums or meet up at events!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2018 17:03  

Yeah but it's not always easy if your a woman on your own new to the area and don't ride yourself!! I've been insane bikers way of life for thirty years moved away from all I know and I'm trying my hardest to get to know people, unfortunately I'm not the type to just walk in to a pub or cafe were bikers meet on my own. It can be hard. :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2018 17:32  

As Stuie says if you put yourself out there, make the effort to meet folk, make friends things will happen from there.

Good Luck!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/03/2018 18:03  

Josie, I'm the same I moved to Yorkshire from London 6 years ago.

When I moved up I knew no one. The only people I ever met were the fork lift drivers loading my van.

Getting chatting and joining in on the forums gets you known on here. Completely safely. If you give out private details on PM's then that's pure stupidity.

Keep an eye out on events. Ask for a seat and get a ride up there. If you do it through the the web site and not through PM's then your rider and your are traceable so it's safer, and it's public so people expect your arrival, plus you don't need to hang out in bars hoping to pick up a bloke!

At the events we club together and are friendly. If your rider is creeping you out or rides like a tit talk to other members you will get looked after.

To be honest we have very rarely had problems. And those we have had have been sorted quickly and with out issues. There is a massive social side to Bikermatch and if you use the site and don't just sit there watching it will work as a fantastic networking tool. The 'finding some one special' happens after you get involved and get to know people. Male or female it works the same way.

Of course for those who just wants. Short track for a bunk up there's always grinder. But that's not how it works here, well I haven't found that side if there is one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2018 18:40  

We lived in Durham for 20 years Josie, but have now moved out to the hills.
Hopefully I'll get my act together and organise some things this year so watch out for them.
There will be a "Dent" sometime in the spring which is an easy drive down for you.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 03/03/2018 19:30  

Thanks for the advice guys, nice one. JJ

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2018 19:47  

Hi Everyone
I am very new to the site...but BM seems a really nice inclusive community of people....I have not let the first person to speak to me put me off even though they tried to 'Catfish' me...and look forward to making new friends

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2018 19:45  

Hello everyone, Oh dear! I'm new to "posting stuff". What's 'Catfish'? I too are looking forward to meeting up with new friends.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2018 11:09  

Not a clue what catfish means but didn't want to be the 1st to ask lol

Update Reply
JP @ 18/03/2018 14:15  

Google Catfishing, all will be revealed.

Update Reply
Double six @ 18/03/2018 14:59  

Catfish is where someone puts on a personna and pretends to be that person online.. basically a deceiving liar trying to lure someone into their trap... Like they'll pretend to be the victim, looking for sympathy and use that sympathy to get what they want!!! This pond has at least one lol.... 🎣😂

Update Reply
Lynne @ 18/03/2018 15:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email