MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best Roads

Best Roads - Forums [Biker Match] Best Roads - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best Roads

As biking season is getting closer, what roads do you guys recommend people try out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2018 08:29  

Most of my favourites are on the continent:)
However, the road from Worcester out to Tenbury Wells is a lovely, sweeping, roller-coaster, with some great views and a few nice pubs at the end. Of course, its right across the other side of the country from me, but I nearly lived there....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2018 10:07  

Plenty of nice roads in Yorkshire

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2018 19:44  

Hi Windy
But which specific road gives you that buzz each time you ride it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2018 21:20  

My 105 mile ribbon of joy is starting at the A47 take B6047 to Melton Mowbray (swooping three dimensional road) then B676 to Colsterworth (open sweeping fast bends), A151 to Bourne (more open sweeping bends and tight 90 degree ones) then A15, B1177 (gentle bimble), A52 B1192, A153 (not much to say and some other back road options are possible) to Horncastle then A158 and B1125 Caister High Street to Caister (more magic bends).
Turn round and do it all again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2018 22:19  

I'd echo the earlier post and would say anywhere in the Welsh Borders, especially the A49 and the A483. Other than that N Yorkshire and possibly the Weald of Kent - the latter is great for evening rides out.

Update Reply
Krookster @ 21/02/2018 22:23  

South Yorkshire
Mortimer Road, The Strines... Links A616 & A57

North Yorkshire
B1257 from Malton to Helmsley (via Howardian Hills) over to Thirsk, Masham and towards Leyburn (via Nidderdale) then down to Aysgarth (Via Yorkshire Dales) Grassington, Pateley Bridge, Summerbridge, Norwood, Otley.

West Yorkshire to East Coast
B1222 out of Squires towards Escrick, then Wheldrake, Elvington, Stamford Bridge, Fridaythorpe, Sledmere, Cowlam, West Lutton, Wintringham, Yedingham, Thornton Dale, Saltergate, Goathland, Sleights from there into Whitby or Sandsend or Staithes.

Peak District
Roads around Castleton, Eyam, Monsal Head/Trail, Hathersage.

All the above have great pubs en route, as well as cake stops, and ice places, fab roads, scenery and fun to be had by the bucketload👍

Most stunning and exhilarating has to be the run from Skye to Kinlochewe via Applecross (Bealach na Ba). Done it a couple of times once from Drimnin, up to Skye n then onto Applecross & Kinlochewe (approx 11hrs round trip, just under 400 miles I believe, a couple of leg stretches and a nice meal) A beautiful experience. Would recommend everyone does it at least once. 😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/02/2018 23:06  

Hi smiler driffield to Scarborough coast road to Whitby anywhere around Pickering to stokesley to name a few

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/02/2018 06:38  

Loving these replies, been looking them up on google earth keep them coming folk and if you try one of the roads someone has suggested let us know what you think.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/02/2018 12:06  

hi catkins the whitby to saltburn is nice as well ,always look at saltburn as a mini scarborough .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/02/2018 20:01  

Agree with Lindsay about the Applecross routes. Absolutely stunning. Rode some fantastic mountain roads in Central Spain but still think Scotland is up there with the best. Just a shame about the damn weather. The Aberystwyth mountain road (A44) all the way out to Ludlow is really nice too when the traffic isn't too busy.

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 22/02/2018 23:51  

... forgot to add. The road out from Helmsdale to Forsinard then Altnaharra and all round there is a real experience. The feeling of isolation is very powerful as you'll hardly see a soul out there. Mostly no mobile coverage too, so be prepared. Dyb-dyb-dyb-we'll dob-dob-dob! :-)

Update Reply
NotPhilMitchell @ 22/02/2018 23:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email