MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Increased security / possible connection issues

NEW: Increased security / possible connection issues - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Increased security / possible connection issues - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Increased security / possible connection issues

I need to let you all know that I've been really upping the security on the site, in particular the firewall. This may result in problems connecting to the site as I'm still trying to monitor and perfect the setting. Yesterday I accidentally locked out most people from the site for a good 6 hours (whooops). Luckily it was in the middle of the night so nobody noticed.

Here's how it's working. All traffic, in and out, is being scanned for suspicious traffic. The following is a short list of examples which are being immediately blocked...

-Traffic from countries which are likely to be spam. Russia, Ukraine, all of Asia, South America, Africa etc. This means you'll never be able to access the site when on holiday in these locations. UK, US, (most of) EU are fine.

-People 'scanning' the site site, which are not search engines. This is likely caused by hackers looking for vulnerabilities and ways into the site.

-Hacking techniques in the URLs

-TOR network (only hackers / spammers will use that to access BM)

etc etc - plus lots more.

The thing is, if someone is using "Web Accelerators" (please don't!) and crap toolbars, proxy servers, TOR etc there is a greater chance they are not on BM for friendly reasons. Therefore will be blocked.

If you believe you are being blocked by mistake and cannot open the site (check if other people can open the site) then please contact me via the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bikermatchcouk

Thanks!

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/02/2018 10:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email