MENU CONTACT 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!


We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

5

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site


BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW: Quote other forum messages

NEW: Quote other forum messages (1) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW: Quote other forum messages (1) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW: Quote other forum messages

 Posts: 11       Pages: 1/1

Post Reply
As per request on the wish-list:
bikermatch.co.uk/misc/wishlist.asp

I've added the ability to quote other posts from the forums in your reply.

Clicking on the " icon under a post will copy it (with specific formatting you shouldn't change) to your reply box. It will automatically open the reply box and focus on it.

Quotes in replies will have a different colour background.

I will demonstrate below.

Thanks Sandi for the suggestion

   Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2018 11:14  

Example quote:

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
As per request on the wish-list:
bikermatch.co.uk/misc/wishlist.asp

I've added the ability to quote other posts from the forums in your reply.

Clicking on the " icon under a post will copy it (with specific formatting you shouldn't change) to your reply box. It will automatically open the reply box and focus on it.

Quotes in replies will have a different colour background.

I will demonstrate below.

Thanks Sandi for the suggestion

   Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2018 11:15  

Matt, I can't get it to work for me, mainly cos I can't see the " icon. Am i missing something obvious?

   Update Reply
Wills @ 14/02/2018 23:31  

Haha whoops! Totally forget to take it out of development mode and enable it for all members

Now fixed

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Matt, I can't get it to work for me, mainly cos I can't see the " icon. Am i missing something obvious?

   Update Reply
Matt @ 15/02/2018 00:12  

Still a rabbit missing for me Matt - seems I can only quote myself!

   Update Reply
ducat @ 15/02/2018 03:12  



----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Still a rabbit missing for me Matt - seems I can only quote myself!


Like so ;-)

   Update Reply
ducat @ 15/02/2018 03:13  

Whooops, had it only enabled for mods or own posts (with the edit button).
Now fixed. It's next to the report button

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Still a rabbit missing for me Matt - seems I can only quote myself!

   Update Reply
Matt @ 15/02/2018 14:52  

Looks good Thanks Matt, all posts - quoting is available.

   Update Reply
ducat @ 15/02/2018 21:52  

Thanks Matt 👍

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
As per request on the wish-list:
bikermatch.co.uk/misc/wishlist.asp

I've added the ability to quote other posts from the forums in your reply.

Clicking on the " icon under a post will copy it (with specific formatting you shouldn't change) to your reply box. It will automatically open the reply box and focus on it.

Quotes in replies will have a different colour background.

I will demonstrate below.

Thanks Sandi for the suggestion

   Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/02/2018 13:57  

Matt, sorry to be a nuisance but...the quote doesn't state WHO is quoted. I think it would be helpful if it did, it used to on the old site. IMHO.

   Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/05/2018 12:01  

Yes tgst would be a good option if it's a long post. Though I've just had the thought that maybe quoting isn't necessary at all...... Just conversation.... 😂 😂 😂 😂 sorry Sandie pmsl x

   Update Reply
xSuzix @ 30/05/2018 14:35  

 Posts: 11       Pages: 1/1

Back to top
Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email