MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Has Anyone had any experience with Zero Motorcycles?

Has Anyone had any experience with Zero Motorcycles? - Forums [Biker Match] Has Anyone had any experience with Zero Motorcycles? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Has Anyone had any experience with Zero Motorcycles?

Something possessed me to search for eco/hybrid/electric motorcycles. I wasn't sure what to expect but the Zero website has the most awesome looking range of bikes. In particular I quite like the Zero FX. has anyone had any experience with Zero and what are your thoughts? I've seen a couple of YouTube videos showing Zero bikes on test and they are motorcycles unlike anything I've seen or heard before.

Update Reply
New2Biking @ 16/01/2018 01:05  

Wotcha.

[[ looks at Zero website ]]

A range of just under 40 miles at 70 mph . . . . on a bike that costs over £10 000
I must admit, the sheer torque from electric vehicles is amazing - look at the new Tesla . . . then look at the price.

The price will come down, but until then, I'll stick with conventional internal combustion engines . . .besides, they sound better too.

Update Reply
GHW @ 16/01/2018 03:15  

look good, but unless they up the distance doable on each charge, and bring the price down....well rocket science it isn't. Plus like GHW I likes the sound :-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/01/2018 13:57  

Range and price make them an over priced object thats not fit for purpose.

I keep woundering why bike manufacturers are so focused on small lightweight machines. Why cant they build a proper full size bike with a proper range?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2018 09:37  

There's a list somewhere on the web of best electric bikes, a few to choose from if you've more money than sense.
Personally I'm waiting for a battery pack that gives me 250 miles @ 60mph for less than a grand.
All the technology has been available for over 5 years except the battery price.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2018 22:24  

Yep, at the moment ebikes are still early adopter toys. 40 miles will be fine I expect for cummuting but at a price.
If I was offroading much I might be tempted by one of those, but for road work I want to be able to do 200 miles at least, and obviously more for touring.
But the technology is getting there.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 31/03/2018 16:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email