MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Incomplete Profiles

Incomplete Profiles - Forums [Biker Match] Incomplete Profiles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Incomplete Profiles

Yo Catkins - Happy New Year!!

'Tis true that blank profiles are usually passed over, but if Matt is trying to discourage them, then why does he not format the site programming so that a profile HAS to be complete before it can be added to the site, and before the prospective member can view other members.
If the argument is that by doing this it may discourage new members, then well, he can't have it both ways.

And y'know, sometimes people have their profiles blank for a reason - maybe they're having a break, maybe not, who knows. But yep, if he doesn't want something on the site, then don't give the means to create it in the first place - maybe?

Just my thoughts! :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/01/2018 22:30  

I think it would also help enormously if folk would actually look at the part of the profile on the quick info (very first page) that says 'looking for'. And take heed of it ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2018 07:11  

There is still a 'system rule' in place, that removes blank profiles from searches.
No profile photo will also result in being excluded from search lists.

@ purplebetty - not sure what the logic of your argument is, but I'll read it through again in case that helps me get closer.

Profiles are designed to highlight aspects of an individual that help others recognise their main personality traits and interests.
If someone can't be bothered to complete a profile to help others both relate to and understand them, the chances of finding a like minded friend or life companion are slim.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some honesty and integrity from members who want to improve their lifestyle interests and social circles.
Otherwise, it seems self defeating to me.

As catkins said so helpfully - you need to put yourself in it to get what you want out of it.

Simples :)

@elizadee - yep...reading wot's wrote is another useful step in the long walk to happiness :)

Mods review profiles daily - so any that aren't in keeping with the spirit of the site are found and acted upon promptly.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 02/01/2018 07:46  

PB has it spot on. If Matt doesn't want incomplete profiles, then it should not be made possible to create one. So, if that is the case, it should be made clear when first creating a profile, that if all information fields are not completed, the profile will not be accepted by the programme. Black and white really, no grey inbetween.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/01/2018 10:45  

I can see both side to this, There are some females out there who I know personally came to BM and were trying to escape from a bad relationship so didn't want to much info on here so it would be hard for there X to find them. In time they added more info and eventually put up a profile pic. So there has to be an element of , You add as much as your happy with to start. They as you gain confidence in the site and the members you can add more. To be honest its up to all the Members on BM to welcome all new members to BM and help the ones who are struggling to gain the confidence to go to meets rallys nights out camps. Then they will be more likely to add more info knowing they have a big family behind them should they need. It is also our responsibility to remove players from bm the mods are quick to remove females for being spammers so why do they let the players drag the site down.

Update Reply
JP @ 02/01/2018 11:37  

Good question, why are the players not taken out after the first incident? If they are that easy to spot then it must be just as easy to act upon.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/01/2018 11:51  

I find myself agreeing with JP. If you cant see anything, you don't have much to miss, but maybe you'll get in touch with a nod if they are local ( though Matt…PLEASE get rid of that stupid annoying message that goes with it..).

But if they’re lurking whilst they find their feet, and like the look of you, then they have the opportunity to get in touch with you if they want to.

We all want to meet that Best Friend / Drinking Buddy / Lover, and if they’re close by that’s even better (all the ones I want are nowhere near..) but remember too, that due to the very social nature of this place, and the fact that many people already know each other well – it can also be a little daunting for some to step right into this.

A little anonymity is fine with me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2018 11:54  

I have done that on other sites and still been ignored lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2018 00:52  

Some folk create a basic profile when they first join to take a look around and see if they like what they see.
I think folk should have a period of time to make their mind up.
I have attempted to join websites before that require 101 questions before being able to look round, i usually give up lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/01/2018 20:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email