MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

OT: Free Windows 10 Upgrade

OT: Free Windows 10 Upgrade - Forums [Biker Match] OT: Free Windows 10 Upgrade - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

OT: Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Not Bike related, but may be useful to some.

For those of you still struggling with the horrible Windows 8 or similar, you can get a free upgrade to Windows 10 - direct from Microsoft, not some hooky/dodgy source - right up until December 31st.

If you are a user of "Assistive Technologies", than you can errrrr.....get it free from Microsoft here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade?tduid=(14c348e893a91089cb2980533c6ee123)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-0FBZfNm6YPFXNhiu3o52rA)()

I had to do this as my trusty old XP laptop died after 12 yrs, and the spare one had Windows 8 which was just awful.
And they don't ask you anything at all, you just click the upgrade link.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2017 19:10  

I,ve just gone to windows 10, its a different animal altogether from 7 and 8 , had a good printer/scanner (brother) not compatible with 10 so had to remove old drivers and reinstall the new upgraded ones, an absolute ball ache.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2017 19:19  

I spent about an hour trying to load it in but it wouldn't work, gave up in the end.
Then I noticed a little apple at the bottom of my screen, maybe thats got something to do with it.

Update Reply
Tezza1958 @ 21/12/2017 19:34  

Windows 10 with AT is a good option if it reognises the device in question has the up to date technology inside. It will usually download a tool first, to check system compatibility.

I still can't upgrade, due to some drivers for my other connected kit and apps being unstable.
Most of it is related to my music database and editing software, so it's a personal thing.

The main thing to check is that you're comfortable with deactivating the monitoring on your system.
It's heavily biased to market research and user activity - sites you visit; the kind of stuff you browse and buy; your location and your personal information for data research.

If you're OK with that...no probs.
If you prefer to have control over privacy, what is known about you and what you do...take time to switch some of the monitoring tools off.
That includes webcam and microphone.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 21/12/2017 23:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email