MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Alone at Christmas?

Alone at Christmas? - Forums [Biker Match] Alone at Christmas? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Alone at Christmas?

Last year, and again this year, I've popped a post on my FB page inviting any single friends (or friends of friends) who are on their own at Christmas, to come and join me and my 2 older kids – who thankfully are coming home for Christmas – as we have 3 spare seats at our table.

Since my wife died in 2015, and my mother-in-law this year, the dynamics of the family Christmas have changed a lot, and I miss the full mad table we used to have.

There's always enough food and drink to go around, and a sofa to sleep it off on.
Anyone else do the same? It's not a good time to be on your own.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2017 20:55  

That sounds like a fabulous idea Pan! Mine will be spent quietly (!?!) with Stuie this year. I may take your idea n run with a New Year shindig though 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/12/2017 21:18  

We used to have an 'open house' on Boxing day too. Although I'm not really a fan of bloodsports, I see the local Hunt off every year on Boxing Day where it leaves from in my town, and I do like the pageantry and tradition of it. And it's an excuse to get to the Pub for 10 am, have a warming alcholic drink, see the Hunt leave, and go back to the Pub for another:)
After that we'd set up a table with all the Chrismas leftovers, people would come up from the Pub or just to drive out somewhere for a while and we'd have visitors all day - it was lovely!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2017 09:43  

Well done Guys! What genuine and heartwarming gestures.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2017 10:28  

That is an amazing act of human kindness Panuno. As someone who has lost faith in humankind I'm blown away x

Update Reply
LM @ 21/12/2017 18:23  

Pan what a great idea :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/12/2017 11:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email