MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Deep Purple

Deep Purple - Forums [Biker Match] Deep Purple - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Deep Purple

Hello everyone !
Has anyone been to any of the recent Deep Purple concerts ? If so just wondering what you think .
Good , bad , ok or bloody rubbish etc. ?
Was at the O2 London Thurs evening. Always loved this band but have never seen them live so could not wait for the experience !
Jon Lord , the organist , I know is no longer with us but this made no difference as the guy doing his turn was an absolute genius. They still have it after all these years and the sound was good enough , but I don't know , was just hoping for a bit more ?
Backing bands , one of which was Europe , went on far too long . Don't get this backing band thing particularly as it was not a newbie group making their way . Got to the point when it felt like time was just being filled in before finally the main act , ( which is really who I have paid to see ) .
Just as things finally get going with Smoke on the Water , we hear ' that's it folks you've been a great audience , ( or something to that effect ). A quick couple of numbers thrown in at the end and that was it.
Ok , they must be in their 70s , I know it's not 1978 , but COME ON ! This is the so - called Farewell Tour . No Speed King , no Highway Star , no Burn , don't remember Black Night , ( and no it was not the beer interfering with my memory ), and certainly , NO CHILD IN TIME !
My Favourite !

Update Reply
Stu69 @ 26/11/2017 23:22  

BBC Red Button of all places and now on their website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09djvnf

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/11/2017 00:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email