MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bucketlist Touring destinations

Bucketlist Touring destinations - Forums [Biker Match] Bucketlist Touring destinations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bucketlist Touring destinations

I've been thinking about this for some time and I want to compile a list of "must see" destination on a bike.
At the moment I'm considering a Run up the North Cape in Norway to see the Aurora Borealis. Some of the roads in Norway are mind blowing. It's gonna take some preparing for.
So, I'm wondering what are your "must see/must ride" destinations ?

Update Reply
BikerBuzz @ 20/11/2017 13:07  

If you're going to Norway, and you like track cars and partying, at the same time, get along to Gatebil Rudskogen.

Last year they were getting Government money to turn it into a national bike and car circuit, couldn't imagine our shower over here doing the same. Look at the palava with that new track in Wales ffs.

Gatebil is proper mental, a load of us from the UK meet up and go. Track cars on trailers, 1100 miles, and it's an absolute pig of a drive/ride, but it's crazy fun. You can always pop down to the Nordschleife afterwards, then along to Spa in Belgium. If you do go to Germany, go to Bremen and see the Beck's brewery, and just up the road they've got the only floating U-Boat, there's only 4 U-Boats left in the world apparently. There's massive submarine pens down there too, it's where they built them. If you're into historical stuff there's loads of old places to explore round that way.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/11/2017 23:21  

Closer to home,and do-able in a day.....Castlerigg Stone Circle,Keswick,Cumbria...:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/11/2017 20:46  

@Cornholio, i've added the track to my map. The festivcal certainly looks interesting, is there any bike stuff there or is it just 4 wheel stuff.
@Jinx I used to ride all over the Lake District as my home town is Southport, not too far for a blast out :-) we intended to go to Castlerigg a few times but never seemed to make it

Update Reply
BikerBuzz @ 23/11/2017 11:01  

There's some people dicking about on bikes, but it isn't a bike weekend as such, it's more like a petrolheads party weekend.

For bikes only there's the Bomber Weekend, that's 2 wheeled debauchery at its finest. There's a couple of others like that as well in Scandinavia.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/11/2017 15:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email