MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Well Done, Brighton & Hove Constabulary

Well Done, Brighton & Hove Constabulary - Forums [Biker Match] Well Done, Brighton & Hove Constabulary - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Well Done, Brighton & Hove Constabulary

Justice prevails, even if it did take over a year!

Brighton restaurant owner jailed for 12 months over road rage crash. Personally I think it should have been a lot longer, but at least they got a conviction. A BRIGHTON restaurant owner has been jailed for 12 months after CCTV footage captured the moment he deliberately rear-ended a motorcycle. Mario Bove, 63 year, injured both the 26-year-old rider and 20-year-old pillion passenger by crashing into the back of their Honda Fireblade on Brighton’s Eastern Road on June 27 last year. He fled the scene in his silver Mercedes C320 but his number plate fell off, enabling police to trace him. The rider also recognised him as the owner of Zafferelli, an Italian restaurant on Brighton’s New Road. The incident followed a verbal altercation over the manner of Bove’s driving, according to Sussex Police. Bove pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and two counts of assault causing actual bodily harm, at Lewes Crown Court on June 26 this year. Link not working ... But check out Visordown for the full story.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 00:42  

What a joke, he should have been charged with 2 counts of attempted murder. Typical piss poor excuse for a justice system strikes again!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 00:45  

Cornholio, I agree a very light sentence indeed but at least he didn't get away with it.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 00:52  

He'll be out in 6 months.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 00:55  

Perhaps the negative publicity will be more of a 'sentence' ? Let's hope his business goes down the pan!

I just thought that Brighton & Hove Constabulary had done well to stick with it and actually get a conviction. If it had been West Yorkshire Police there is very little chance it would have been dealt with let alone followed through to the end!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 01:10  

West Yorkshire CID, at Ponty? Their food is absolute shite, I wouldn't recommend it ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 02:48  

Their Hotpot was just a lump of gristle in some manky looking orange coloured crap, masquerading as some kind of sauce. It looked radioactive in all honesty, straight down the toilet before I even tasted it. It got there a few hours early because I cut out the middleman. LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 02:58  

I hope his pizza shop don't close as it will put innocent folk out of work but a much better outcome would of been to not jail him but make him pay out £500,000 to the biker payment from his Insurance but he has to pay his insurance company back. This would not be an injury payment that would be a separate payment this would be the new Smidsy payment.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/11/2017 05:40  

Pmsl, @cornholio😂
Good to know that about Ponte-Carlo. Noted and stored, will NOT be checking in there for dinner!!

JP that sounds like a great idea! SMIDSY Orders would be sooo much better than Community Orders. Instant justice,and no extra cost for Tax payers, keeping em in luxury for a few months/year, job jobbed.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 10:16  

When he gets out we should go for a meal at his restaurant, then all refuse to pay while claiming it wasn't fit to be eaten. Civil matter for him, which means we won't get nicked.

Nah, I'd rather somebody took a scaffolding pole to him in all honesty, punish him that way.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 10:28  

Ponte-Carlo, lmao I've never heard it called that before. You'd be slightly more comfortable at a Travelodge, only slightly though. But at least the cuisine is better. And the company.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 10:30  

Lol.

Ponte-Carlo
Cas Vegas
Shakey Wakey

All places near me... Each and everyone of them has their own 'delights'!

Btw not named by me personally, I take no responsibility, but by the communities themselves 😋

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 12:31  

I've heard of Staly-Vegas, hadn't heard the ones you mentioned, until now.

The last time I was up your way we went to Leeds and York. It was a toilet tour, as it's affectionately known. We went to the Hull Adelphi too, another toilet. I think it was Fibbers and Roscoes, in your neck of the woods.It was years ago so I can't remember now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 12:51  

Yeah, Fibbers in York and The Roscoe (New Roscoe/Roscoe's) in Leeds. Both are good for a night out (with the right band of course!)

Who were you with (band?)

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/11/2017 13:28  

The lads from Carter USM was one of them. From number 1 albums to headlining Glastonbury, and appearing on Top Of The Pops to attacking Philip Schofield on live tv, from big venues to toilet tours. LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2017 18:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email