MENU CONTACT 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Motorbike Sales Falling

Motorbike Sales Falling - Forums [Biker Match] Motorbike Sales Falling - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Motorbike Sales Falling

According to figures published yesterday, registrations were down 15.5% for 2017. The biggest fall was in sports bikes which were down 25.8% for 2017. The only category not showing a decline is the adventure class, which was up by 1.4%. Given the money and choice, I'd have a shedful. Liked the comment on a bod's profile: "Asked once why did I have eleven bikes, I replied cos I couldn't afford a twelfth."
Catkins @ 11/11/2017 06:49  

Lack of sales might simply be the cost.

Manufacturers are simply pumping the prices through the roof.

Ontop of that the finance interest rates are simply mental for some manufacturers.

I can quite understand why sports bikes are taking a fall as there just so focused now and the adventure bikes do everything. Including sports bike hunting they make such good value.
Stuie. @ 11/11/2017 19:12  

Might be because the weather has been pants.
Or that everyone daft enough is still getting burnt on pcp.
Not surprised about sports bikes; too focused / extreme to the point they are now boring. Who wants a bike you can only ride at 20%?
Price shouldn't be an issue, although to top range bikes are, as ever, very expensive the middle weights are still affordable and better than ever.
Steve_H @ 11/11/2017 20:30  

Pound crashed because of brexit. Products imported now cost 20% more.

People rightly find the new adjusted prices too high. Shouldn't have voted for brexshit then

Ok I'll stop. Promises myself not to get into politics here
Matt @ 12/11/2017 10:47  

Something the market desperatly needs form my personal point of view is a decent middle weight everyday 750-1000cc bike with a pillion seat thats actuly a seat and not an occasional childs perch.

And for manufactorers to make a proper electric bike. Not just a bidged light weight motocross bike or scooter with a 90 mile range but a proper two seat 80mph cruse, 200+ mile range motorbike.

Could be another couple of reasons sales are dipping. And yes price is a big issue. £10k us hell of a lot if money to pay for a hack.
Stuie. @ 12/11/2017 18:20  

I agree with Stuie about a decent middle weight, but i think 350 - 500. best sports bikes i rode were 350lcs. got a few to choose from now from 185 trial bike to 1150 rockster and i mostly ride the smaller ones.
patchfree @ 21/11/2017 19:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email