MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Time to Stand Back?

Time to Stand Back? - Forums [Biker Match] Time to Stand Back? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Time to Stand Back?

I have been a full member since 2008, joined in a few BM events, made some friends and even met my wife, Moonstone, through the site. Things have moved on with motorcycling no longer playing such a central part in my life. In fact, I haven't ridden bikes much since retiring and moving house since there have been other priorities. I have not found the forums very interesting and have made few posts as a result. At lease some of the individuals prone to throwing their weight about on forums seem to be showing some restraint at the moment. I know that I have been getting full membership cheaply by quarterly recurring payments through PayPal but it just seems to be a waste of money. As one who has consistently found that trying new things on IT result in them turning round and biting me and my intense dislike of Microsoft as well as being a Mac user (having bought a new iMac last year when the old one expired) and now using an iPhone which replaced my Blackberry, I face the prospect of trying to use the revised site with trepidation. Hence, unless someone can give me a good reason not to, I propose to revert to standard membership when my membership is due for renewal in a few days. So farewell to friends on the site and good luck for the future.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 31/08/2017 15:49  

You can still access the forums and if your friends are members you can still message too so maybe you don't have to say goodbye

Update Reply
She11 @ 31/08/2017 19:19  

That's a shame....a real shame. I'm a fairly new member and because of the friends I've made on here already, that alone would encourage me to stick around to guide newbies taking a peak or dipping their toe in the water....and if I met my future life partner.....even more so. A full member can initiate private messages. I received lots of welcome messages which put me at my ease. I hope you will reconsider...not so much for what else you can get from the site...but because of your success story, because of what you can give. Best of luck to you x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2017 21:20  

Oh Cataraptor that's a shame you feel this way, especially as BM brought you n Moonstone together.   Our paths have crossed only a few times online but I wish you and Moonstone well.  Standard membership is not that different from full membership so you will still be able to pop in and keep us all inline!!

Ps. Hope Moonstone is in better health than the time leading up to the wedding. 

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/08/2017 22:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email