MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

dash cam

dash cam - Forums [Biker Match] dash cam - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

dash cam

im looking for a helmet camera. already have one but images are not as sharp as id like. any suggestions or recommendations?

Update Reply
naomijr @ 29/07/2017 11:54  

What are you using at the moment? IV gone through a few gopros, bandicam and action cameras but they all were crap really, gopros was alright but batteries were rubbish.

I use a Drift Ghost S HD camera, but I don't know if they are still made as Drift have made a new Ghost 4K. You don't have to record at 4K mind, just goes up to.

Update Reply
AcurateBob @ 29/07/2017 14:34  

I just got a cheap one. picture is ok, but I'm sure I could find an improvement. I know the higher the fps the better the pic, but all the other specs have me baffled

Update Reply
naomijr @ 29/07/2017 15:46  

Wotcha.

I use the Drift Ghost HD too - can't fault it.

Update Reply
GHW @ 29/07/2017 19:45  

a brief explanation then...

30 - 60 FPS. This is how many Frames(pictures) Per Second are used to create the video, meaning how smooth the video will be, doesn't effect the picture quality but improved how clear and smoothly things move in motion.

resolutions, 720P, 960P, 1080P. are all different number of dots(pixels) that make up the actual images.
720P. 1280 across and 720 vertical pixels. a decent image that can look better but uses way less memory on a card, suitable for DVR security.
1920 across 1080 vertical. this is what most TVs are made for, Blu Ray is made for this resolution, looks really clear and super smooth.

for your reference, I save my videos at 30FPS at 1080P. I do upload to YT when I need to, but stick with 30FPS cause the extra(well double really) video file size not really worth it for security, but I want the crystal clear image of their plates if I need it.

Update Reply
AcurateBob @ 29/07/2017 22:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email