MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

cbr600 rr 2006

cbr600 rr 2006 - Forums [Biker Match] cbr600 rr 2006 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

cbr600 rr 2006

Had my bike 1 half years out for a ride it just died on me mechanic check every thing as the norm can not fin out what it is he said fuel pump when at first any information mail me please regards Darren

Update Reply
Djdg @ 07/07/2017 08:59  

More info required, have you still got electrics or is it just engine dead.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2017 14:10  

If you still got electrics, when you turn on ignition you should hear the fuel pump prime for a few seconds , if not most probably is the pump, if it does prime then check fuel filters for blockage though you normally get a warning with intermittent spluttering first if its a blockage.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2017 14:16  

talking of fuel has it got any ?

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 26/07/2017 00:18  

Start at the side stand and tilt switches

Update Reply
JP @ 26/07/2017 04:07  

Aw JP you've had those probs too its getting a common problem that side stand switch isn't it ,
So many have scratched there heads when its just been a simple switch

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 26/07/2017 07:02  

A loose battery terminal can also cause you all sorts of grief too, till you find it. You can probably guess how I know that one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2017 22:44  

Check battery level when OFF the bike and probably best to ensure it's fully charged before refitting. Whilst it is off check all the fuses and use a meter to test the stand switch and also clutch switch if it has one. Meter the negative from the batt term to a few places on the bike such as bolt heads, frame and engine casing to ensure you have a good bond.

Process of elimination really, Once batt is back on fully charged you can test pumps and other items and if you do manage to get it started be sure to check the output from the Alt as could be Alt/reg/rec fault caused original problem.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2017 18:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email