MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (20) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (20) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Now everything in my news feed is;

Error
An error occurred. Please go back and try again
Of course you didn't expect this, and neither did we. Please feel free to drop us a message via the contact page to let us know what happened and what you was doing at the time.
For now please try logging out, back in again, then retrying what you was doing when the error appeared.
Thanks for your understanding.
Matt & the BM Team

Please copy the information you see here below if reporting this error to us:
Error Querystring: 500;https://www.bikermatch.co.uk:443/myaccount/activity.asp?tab=notifications
Column=-1
Line=0
Number=0
My IP=co.rn.ho.lio
Server Date/Time=23/11/2017 01:26:35

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/11/2017 01:28  

Matt why did it take 3 months for the message to me

Update Reply
JP @ 23/11/2017 02:14  

Jp, what message are you talking about?

Cornholio I will investigate

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/11/2017 07:47  

Matt, JP has only just received a message that was sent 3 months ago

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/11/2017 09:33  

Matt - has a bug come back into PMs?

Lost a couple today - sent and not received / saved.
The person I was messaging with has also lost PMs, so it's both sites.

Also had another person message about PM limits reached.

Using notepad again for now...otherwise I can't remember what I wrote.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 23/11/2017 20:14  

Oh God I hope that bug isn't back. I doubt it though because I didn't reuse the old code

Jp... Gotcha, this can happen if someone has their account disabled. Other than that I've no idea. It's not possible that a message can be delayed.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/11/2017 23:24  

Activity page bug fixed. Under very specific circumstances it got it's knickers in a twist.

All sorted!

Thanks for reporting

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/11/2017 23:52  

I take it the "chat flap" no longer flashes when anyone is in the chat room . . . or is it just my end ?

Update Reply
GHW @ 24/11/2017 22:33  

Hi mate
It will flash if there's been activity within the past 30 minutes.
The more activity, the faster it flashes.
Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/11/2017 11:17  

Cheers Matt.
The chat flap was flashing like a good 'un a few nights back and there were quite a few folks in there.
Over the last day or two, there have been a few folks chatting away but no flashing flap ( ooer ).

Update Reply
GHW @ 25/11/2017 18:02  

Matt - I did get a 404 page error yesterday but only for a few seconds and a reload worked successfully...
Is there a way to have the chatroom sidebar stay open while browsing the forums please?
(I know of a work-a-round by opening the chatroom in a seperate browser tab and switching between the two)
Also - is there a list of Smileys/Emoji's anywhere please?
Cheers - Frank

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2017 23:40  

Matt, is the notifications page supposed to be slow at updating? Currently, it is notifying me somewhere between 2 hrs and 20 hrs behind.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/11/2017 11:51  

Just posted in the chatroom and the flap went from not flashing to flashing. So it's definitely working for me. I'll try some more testing later this week.

No way to open the chatroom in a different window. Quite deliberately to be honest as multiple windows/tabs aren't really handy on mobiles. Popup windows are a big no-no for mobile-friendly website design, which the new BM is supposed to be.

The notifications page is a huge amount of calculations and functions all rolled into one. It does take some seconds to generate for you. But the notifications there are instant/current at the time of refreshing.

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/11/2017 18:47  

A few seconds is not what I am getting Matt. In some cases, it is almost 24 hrs before they appear in notifications.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/11/2017 19:49  

I'm finding it a pain that every time you go to, for example, the menu bar, the chat flap shuts down. Or, if you open the chat flap, the menu bar vanishes.

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/11/2017 22:27  

D6 - then I think you have something wrong with your internet settings. Or your internet speed isn't fast enough so you are seeing a 'cached' copy of the page. Honestly I don't know. It's a dynamic page. It gets created when you open it, then it gets 'deleted' again.There is no copy of that page held, so it's impossible to show you a page from yesterday. Try holding CTRL and pressing F5 (on a PC). See if that forces it to update for you. Then you know for sure it's a caching issue.

Wills - sadly I cannot do anything about that. For really technical reasons. But you'll notice that when you open the chatroom, the rest of the website kind of zooms out into the background. This allows your browser to focus on the chatroom and make the chatroom scrollable. It's not possible to keep the main site in focus.

You could always just open BM twice in 1 tabs on a desktop. Keep one open for chat and the other open for everything else.

The way I use the chatroom now is I browse around the site and every so often open the chatroom, read and reply a bit, then close and continue browsing.

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/11/2017 13:18  

Matt, that's the way I've been doing it. Just wondered if there was a way of keeping it on one screen.

Update Reply
Wills @ 27/11/2017 13:20  

Well my phone must be faulty also then Matt. Since 09.00 this morning, two members have joined.....on the 26th! Plus in the last hour, one new member joined, time stamped at 01.19. Not as dynamic as you claim. It isnt always a fault at our end.

Update Reply
Double six @ 27/11/2017 20:08  

Have I set a new record? I nodded at a nearby BM member a couple of hours ago. No reply yet, but according to the old site the member has looked at my profile 782 times since then.

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/11/2017 23:35  

D6 - please test on a PC for me, forget the phone for now. If all other devices work ok then we need to take a closer look at your mobile specifically.

Wills - that's a bug with IOS 9 and IOS 10. They cannot handle large pages over HTTP2 (new web protocol which BM uses). It's fixed in IOS11.
He/she must have used the old site though because I applied a workaround on the new website to mitigate this for IOS9/10 (disabled compression).

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/11/2017 00:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email