MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (21) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (21) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Matt, I raised the issue because I am experiencing this on my desk top, my laptop and my phone. The phone is barely 8 months old and is an LG G5, the laptop is not as old as the phone and running windows 10, and the desk top is also running windows 10, although the machine is a couple of years old. If it was only the pc I would accept it might possibly be a fault at my end.

Update Reply
Double six @ 29/11/2017 01:04  

p.s. the phone is running android and is being updated automatically.

Update Reply
Double six @ 29/11/2017 01:06  

Hiya Matt 😊 just want to say that I think you're right is excellent 😊. I don't have any experience of the older sight so nothing to compare against it's modern and sophisticated which I love. However.. one gripe. In personal messages the send button is too close tobthr text bar. It actually ovrtlapses. Not good when using a mobile. Apart from that well done and thank You 😁 x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/11/2017 08:43  

After coming back to BM after a while, I have to say that the new style site is absolutely awful. Granted it looks a tad more modern and upto date but navigating around the site is proving tiring and slow. As an app this is the same.

I'm glad that I am get to use the old style layout as it was a lot smoother and far easier to use.

This new style site with its bugs and glitches makes me log out after a couple of minutes.

I know that as a modern society and with windows and Apple platforms always changing seems the norm, on this occasion o genuinely believe that this site should have stayed as it was with possibly just a spruce up as opposed to a major overhaul.

Update Reply
freewheeler1973 @ 29/11/2017 09:24  

Great site. Joined 2009 and done nothing since but now I see it’s free I’ll hook up regularly. One issue I encounter is the zooming on pics. Seems to stick and even increase more after refresh.
Thanks for a great site. I’ll sign up soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/11/2017 09:28  

D6 - I'll do some testing for you.

Serenity - Thanks, I'll move the Send button some more.

Freewheeler - the old site is still available (for now) at https://OLD.bikermatch.co.uk But please try to stick with the new site and get used to it. Everyone I've spoken to says once they get used to it they love it. The navigation is essentially exactly the same. I kept the overal structure but the menu shifted to a hidden sidebar instead of buttons along the top of every page. It was absolutely not possible to just spruce up the old site. I tried and failed. The only option was a complete rebuild. Please just trust me on that. Saying "give the odl site a spruce up" sounds easy, but the reality was completely different.

Hi Zippee - Welcome to the forums (first post I see). I'm not sure what you mean about photos zooming but feel free to drop me a private message and I'll see if I can help you. Sorry to hear that you only like the site since it's free though, because the adverts I've put around the site are someone other people are complaining about and I probably will have to remove them. But then who's going to pay for all the site costs every month? I've already been doing it for too long and I shouldn't be out of pocket as well as time trying to keep the site online for everyone who doesn't think it's worth paying 60p a week for :-(

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/11/2017 13:33  

"Report to moderator" button added back to profiles. Looks like I forgot to add it on the new site.

Please use this button for any suspicious profiles so our wonderful mods can check it out.

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/11/2017 21:22  

Hi Matt, a couple of suggestions, comments.
*Is it possible on the login home page to have the username auto-selected so a mobile (and blind desktop users like me) can type their username in without having to select the field box, please?
*I tried editing an error in a forum entry, only to be taken back to the OLD website - where I still couldnt edit the post anyway, or is this a subscriber option only?
*On the Notifications pages where new members are shown. Might be handy to have sex symbols (LoL, I wish - sorry) the +/- type symbols to show male and female users as the images can be small and users names, something confusing :-)
Great work on the continuing updates - well done.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/11/2017 22:47  

Done, changed the colours for girls vs guys...
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/myaccount/activity.asp?tab=notifications
Press F5 to refresh if you don't see it.

This goes for all notifications, not just new members.

I'm not sure I understand you about the homepage issue. You mean you'd like to have the username field automatically highlighted (cursor starts there without any user input)? That's possible, but please confirm that's what you mean and I'll do it

Forum updating can only be done via the old site at the moment. I will fix this tonight.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/11/2017 09:09  

Thanks Matt,

(cursor starts there without any user input) - is exactly what I meant.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2017 11:30  

Hi Matt,
Can something be done about the PM box so it expands like the post reply box on the forums does when writing a longer message and it doesn't help having the send button so close to the scroll.
Thanks

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 30/11/2017 13:29  

Ducat - username box on the homepage has been made the autofocus box. Hope this helps.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/11/2017 14:29  

Ragnar - I've made the Private Message reply box also automagically increase in size to a maximum of 500 pixels.
I've also moved the Send button down a bit.

I'm gonna have to start charging for all these request soon ;-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/11/2017 14:37  

Thanks Matt

Just sent a long pm and it's so much better, If the they make the site better, that must be better for you too. :-)

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 30/11/2017 17:29  

ADDED: Delete button for private message conversations. It seems to be the number one thing people are asking me about via email recently.

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/11/2017 19:56  

I can't seem to log into new site fir last hour or so..... I've logged in on old site
Keep getting a message saying my date and time are incorrect on my mobile when I try new site..... Maybe it's just bad Internet connection but then how me old site works!!
Bizarre...... And tad annoying ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2017 17:40  

Sorry but that doesn't sound like any message I have programmed.
BikerMatch never uses your local date and time - it's always the server date and time. So I think maybe it's something your end. I'd suggest restarting first of all. Then maybe deleting all your temporary internet files and trying again

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/12/2017 19:14  

thanks for getting back Matt... I'm trying all sorts and have deleted all Internet history and everything but still my phone suddenly don't like new site..... I Get into old site no problem
Think ?? it must be my Internet connection.... I'll just keep trying....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2017 20:23  

Finally sussed it, def coz had deleted all my cookies etc...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/12/2017 21:06  

Deleting your cookies fixed the issue? Strange. But good :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/12/2017 12:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email