MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Hello Bikers

Hello Bikers - Forums [Biker Match] Hello Bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Hello Bikers

Hello everyone.

Very new to this. I have been riding bikes for 30+ years and in that time had about every style of bike you could ask for. Currently have a Harley StreetGlide and looking for a second bike again, probably a Triumph Tiger 800.

I ride all over the place; been all over Europe, some in the US and like exploring in the UK as much as i can. Will be doing the RBL Iron Butt in June, maybe the National Rally in July. It will be Ireland or Scotland first week in June and then there are the day trips.

To be honest, not sure what I am looking for. Separated from my wife in August after more years than I care to think about. I feel good about everything, shit happens and all that, and looking forward to making a new life.

I travel a lot for work. Heading out to Dubai on Saturday for two weeks, and will also be going to China, US, Japan and lots of European travel as well, so I get to see a lot of the world on someone else's credit card.

I thought i would give this a punt and see what happens.

Ride Safe, laugh lots

Update Reply
Jim2463 @ 16/02/2017 17:19  

Your only put on this life once --enjoy it xx...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2017 18:29  

Couldn't agree more - life is there to be enjoyed, sometimes things go wrong, but hey ho, life must move on.

Update Reply
Jim2463 @ 16/02/2017 19:37  

..so true !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/02/2017 20:03  

Hi Jim2463.
Welcome to "BM" I'm a newbie as well . Going on my first BM get together on Sat in Chester.
Check out a thread on the forum "long distance riding and scatter rallies" from a member called"Goingtouring" he was asking on the forum about anybody doing long distance riding like Iron butt maybe worth checking him out. Take care and hope to meet you sometime.

Update Reply
Motorbike50 @ 17/02/2017 19:41  

Hi jim were all a good crowd on here,if u ever down enfield, always high beach tea hut,jason

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2017 08:30  

Thanks everyone.

Update Reply
Jim2463 @ 19/02/2017 13:19  

Hello y'all
I'm new to the site....just a few days anyway. Have had a few hellos from folk so it seems really friendly. Looking forward to attending a few meets and making new friends :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2017 16:08  

It does seem very friendly, and I too look forward to meeting some new riding buds. I am reading the updates sat in a hotel in Dubai, travel being both a blessing and curse of my job. Looking forward to getting home next weekend and with the weather warming and the nights getting lighter, my bike will be calling.

Update Reply
Jim2463 @ 24/02/2017 16:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email