MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Contacting old female friends.

Contacting old female friends. - Forums [Biker Match] Contacting old female friends. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Contacting old female friends.

Does anyone have experience of contacting old female friends who they hadn't seen or spoken to since the early to mid 80s (33yrs).
I would be very grateful to hear about how some of you have managed to do so successfully and receive some good advice on how to go about it (Facebook etc.).
I would love to contact two lovely sisters who i first met in 81/82

Update Reply
56Steve @ 18/01/2017 22:57  

Friends have found me (and I them) after similar amounts of time through FB....just search names, schools, clubs they were in etc and any of their friends/family if you know their names, then look at their friends list ....
Good luck :-)

Update Reply
Rose67 @ 19/01/2017 08:59  

Thanks!! Rose, Very useful info for a Facebook
novice like myself. I will try your method once i have got myself onto Facebook.

Update Reply
56Steve @ 19/01/2017 21:10  

Facebook is my only guilty pleasure these days hahaha ....hope you find your friends :-)

Update Reply
Rose67 @ 19/01/2017 21:51  

Was found through fb after 20 years - all I would suggest is, don't expect things to be the same as you left them!!
People change...
Good Luck

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 20/01/2017 07:06  

Believe it or not, years ago I managed to organise an entire class reunion via the phone book (it's a very old concept, younger members won't know about)

It was more successful than I thought it would be, only two out of thirty-two couldn't make it (one was living in Belgium, the other in America!)

I'm not on FB, but I still meet people from years ago whilst going about my daily life. As Joey says, we have all changed (in so many different ways) be prepared!

All I can say about classmates that I found amazing was the few that were hungout to dry as 'no hopers' by the teachers, were in fact the most successful business people. Goes to show that there is hope and teachers do get it wrong!

Good luck with your search

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/01/2017 07:46  

Expecting both sisters to have changed physically and mentally over 33yrs and to have very different outlooks on life than they did 33yrs ago. One thing i am positive about is that there very natural nice personalities would not have left them over the years and i am pretty sure that they would enjoy talking to an old friend.

Update Reply
56Steve @ 21/01/2017 18:34  

Social media sites such as Facebook should help you in your search.
Usually a little more difficult with females, because they change their surnames, but as already been suggested if you know their friends and family names maybe you will find them that way
Good luck in your search, let us know how you get on.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/01/2017 18:49  

Any success yet Steve?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2017 08:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email