MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Newbies opinion.

Newbies opinion. - Forums [Biker Match] Newbies opinion. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Newbies opinion.

This is in reply to the Curious about comments post, for some reason I can't add my post to the original so here goes as a new topic. I'm new on here, I've been looking in on & off over the years to check events local to me but this week I coughed up. The forums seem to have there own little social circles of friends chatting between themselves & not in a more open / general way. Bit like a stranger walking into a pub not knowing anyone in there, all little groups so all you can do is go to the bar & stand there feeling more lonely than when you first walked through the door. The chat room is a little bit the same but with more random quick comments as used between close known friends. The event section is good & full of info. I have 2 options, moan moan moan then give up or i can drop the odd post into forum subjects so folk see I'm active & on here plus send the odd nod & message to local people to me to see if they would like to meet up for a bike ride at any time. The Big O was a really good idea & every one was excited about it but again It looked like every one already knows each other in one way or another. I was ready to attend so i could join in & hopefully make new friends but work offered a night shift over time so couldn't go, actually a good job I didn't, I was quite ill over night from 11pm to 7am this morning, that wouldn't of been a good thing, a sober but very ill newbie surrounded by drunk wanna be doctors & nurses = mayhem. Well I've dropped my penny worth in. I'd rather contribute than moan. Hope to meet up with some of you guys either on the tarmac or at a cafe soon.

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 24/09/2016 12:57  

way hay good topic and help to see a new opinion to it it is hard to be the new stranger on here but i was new once and like you felt a bit left out but after my first get together it was easier to say hi to people and post in the forum and chat in the chat room hope to seya some time

Update Reply
kaycat @ 24/09/2016 15:52  

Yes it can feel a bit like small groups, which is a valid point, although not hopefully a view that lasts once you get to know us. As Kaycat says just jump in and say hi. We are generally a friendly bunch.

So welcome and hello to BM. Hope to meet you at an event and see you on the forums

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/09/2016 23:13  

I've just typed a really wordy post and when it came to posting it I got an error message. Grr! Never happens when it's  a brief post.
Anyhoo as I was trying to say
Welcome to the forums and apologies that you feel we're a bit cliquey, I had no idea we came across that way.
I hope you get to a BM gathering and then you'll see how friendly the members are and will feel included the next time you're on the forums or in the chat room.
Hope you're feeling better.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2016 04:24  

Both sides of the coin are correct !! You get out what you put in, A few replies to posts, a few new topics, chat to people & then all is good. When i signed up I got a few welcoming messages & from what I expected from being a newbie so far not disappointed. New people joining this site will get the initial hello & welcome but you have to contribute in some small way to get the most from it. No idea why others have Joined BM but I've joined to make new friends. If I don't join in how will any one know I'm here & chat to me.

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 25/09/2016 09:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email