MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Advice please

Advice please - Forums [Biker Match] Advice please - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Advice please

If I were to look on one of the dating sites, what advice do people have about what to watch out for when reading profiles?

Thanks.

Update Reply
Morseman @ 31/05/2016 10:27  

Most are not real replys,, check the small print, and they say they can send fake pics and messages, ,,, ask questions, and if you just get another question back, spoof message, all so look at the date of last online,,out of 100 you will find only 5 are still on,,

Update Reply
321-stu @ 31/05/2016 11:23  

Thanks, it's things like that would catch me out, never having used a dating site before. Still only thinking anyway.

Update Reply
Morseman @ 31/05/2016 11:38  

MM personally i think getting out and about and meeting folk face to face is the best option, but if you do have a look, rem there are good and bad in all walks of life, so tread carefully.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/05/2016 12:11  

I am stuck at home most of the time,, so don't get the chance to meet anyone,,, it is a funny world out their,, but the biggest one is,,, never send any money to anyone,, no matter what. I have had some good con artistes,, who just pray on someone looking for love,,, I knew what they were after, but I had some fun, and learnt some of their different scams,,, so,, think twice,, but if you have some time to go to places you like, and do things that you like, then I would do that,, it's because I have a young son living with me, I do not get any free time to go anywhere, on my own

Update Reply
321-stu @ 31/05/2016 13:48  

Thanks Jackie,

I was just thinking that I don't very often go to places where I'm likely to meet someone. Pubs are almost useless, because you can't really just wander up to someone and say 'hello', well, I can't anyway and people go in groups, so that's not going to work either.

I have friends through forums like this who are female, but I see them as friends who are girls rather than girlfriends, if you see what I mean?

Most are in a relationship anyway, often with people who have also become friends as well.

Update Reply
Morseman @ 31/05/2016 14:48  

Yes, Stu, having a young family and being a single parent is going to limit what you can do and where you can go.

I have also heard about the money scams. My ex-wife nearly fell for one until my daughter explained to her what was going on. I'm always wary of people asking for money, I'll give time and help if I can, but someone asking for money to get here from somewhere would ring an alarm bell.

Update Reply
Morseman @ 31/05/2016 14:51  

Having seen the problems a friend had over going out on a ride the other day, I've given up on the whole idea.

Better off alone.

Update Reply
Morseman @ 01/06/2016 00:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email