MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Where are all the women bikers???

Where are all the women bikers??? - Forums [Biker Match] Where are all the women bikers??? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Where are all the women bikers???

I've been a member of this site on and off for the past 8 years and was pleased to see that a lot more women had joined...thinking I might find some like minded girls for friendship, ride outs etc...however very few seem to actually ride bikes!!! Have I missed something here?...?????? have'Biker's 'just become the latest fashion accessorie?

Update Reply
biker bitch witch @ 04/02/2016 11:29  

Quite a few of us do actually ride bikes, but it's all down to geography.
I have female friends I ride with, but they're from my pre-BM days. I've met more through BM who I chat to but can't ride with because they're too far away and when we do meet it's often in a mixed gender BM setting.
Friendship is a rare commodity and if I find it close by it's a bonus, but I still treasure the distance friendships. Pure exposure to local bikers doesn't mean that you'll click socially - I've found that out too! - but don't give up; keep arranging or joining in on rides and you never know who'll turn up.

PS welcome back. If your interested in meeting in the summer, I go to Brigg for a rally challenge the first weekend in June and could meet on the Friday evening - if you don't fancy a blast around Rutland (I believe that's the rally area this year) chasing down clues?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 04/02/2016 12:06  

Brigg ??? Noted in diary Quite fancy that

I have few , if any nearby lady biker friends to ride with and also a big ongoing argument at the moment over my bike ( stuck at ex 's ) so using the 125 when can get it out of sons grubby paws
I have to travel to meet my biker ladies
Agree with Izzy on this

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2016 12:44  

BBW there are a few on here that havent posted for a bit. I know they get to Squires some weekend and evenings when the weather is better. Keep an eye on the threads for Squires meets and get along and say hi I have a few on my Facebook so If I see there meeting I will drop you a pm

Update Reply
JP @ 04/02/2016 13:57  

Some women love motorbikes but do not wish to ride them, some women are happy being pillion, some women love everything about the biker lifestyle, the rallies, racing etc.

Same as some men on here.

We are all different on this site but I know everyone is made to feel welcome regardless whether they ride a bike or not. I think a love for bikes is a good enough reason to frequent this site don't you?

Most of the women who post on here and interact socially have all got their own bikes.

Maybe PM a few of us or talk to us on the forums and try getting to know us that way and you will soon find like minded women.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2016 14:07  

Radio 4 does little 5 minute slots where members of the public come in and discuss a topic of interest to them.
Today two lady bikers on why they love two wheels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06z5jmk

So they do exist but I think perhaps the stereotypical image of being a biker makes them keep their heads down and that's a shame.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 05/02/2016 17:48  

Did you see the article by a long-haired Yank biker journo about the road rage he regularly faced when he was riding with a pony-tail visible from behind and both cars and bikes took him for a woman rider?
Hopefully it's just an American thing - or maybe a good thing that I have short hair as I can't think of an occasion where I've felt that my being a woman has altered how other road users behave!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 05/02/2016 21:21  

Although i havent got a bike licence, (pilly only) i have considered myself to be a 'biker' for the last 36 years. I know many female bikers and doubt that many (if any) of them would have any difficulty with stereo-typing. They are all sassy, confident women with a passion for motorcycles and, in the main, the lifestyle that they are part of.

What i have noticed on BM is that there is a defo problem with females initiating conversations by PM with another female. There have been a few occasions i have sent welcome messages to new members, only to get a one word response 'thanks' or 'ok' worse still no response at all. Perhaps if you are using BM to find something other than friends it would be better to be really clear on your profile that is the case! Sorry that turned into a random rant. Ooops!

Izzy, i used to date a guy (years ago) with strawberry blonde wavy hair down his back, he was often mistaken for a girl. Especially as his ar*e was rather pert too!! ; )

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/02/2016 21:24  

err i pm you asking if you wont a ride out
i ride my bike go to meets and go to rallys to as do lots of the girlys on here
think you need to look at the events past and take a look at how many grilys do ride or pilly to the meet and stuff

Update Reply
kaycat @ 05/02/2016 22:21  

o and my fashion accessory is my glover match my bike

Update Reply
kaycat @ 05/02/2016 22:24  

cooking dinner

Update Reply
stutts @ 07/02/2016 16:40  

only joking

Update Reply
stutts @ 07/02/2016 16:40  

Are you in my kitchen cupboard Stutts ? Roast chicken with all the trimmings, should be about 1 hr, enough time for you to get out of the cupbard, take the colander off ya head and wash your hands.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/02/2016 18:01  

You'll need to show him how to do both things.
Nicholas isn't the cleverest person in the room of nursery children even though he is a teacher.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 07/02/2016 18:10  

i was only joking

there all doing the ironing

Update Reply
stutts @ 07/02/2016 18:43  

Well I see ya ain't come back to even chat with us about it all on open forum,,,,, biker bitch.

Met any bike owning women lately?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2016 01:01  

I have tried a few times to set up something for North West female bikers (last one here https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?t...c_id=13686 )
but other than about 3 or 4 (and a lovely lady from Wolverhampton) no-one seems bothered.
It seems that despite the potential for widening their circle of friends, most seem only to want the dating side. Each to their own.
All I can suggest is that you jump on the next ride out/event near you and get to know people and see how it goes. Either that or try and arrange something yourself.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 10/02/2016 14:05  

If you're looking for female bikers (with bikes) to go for ride outs etc.
Google ,,,,,, Curvy riders. An all female motorcycle club. They do all the same things as male bikers. BUT they smell a lot more fragrant mmm .
lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/02/2016 19:07  

Daisy chain posse started last year in the southport area for regular meet ups and ride outs. There are 13 of us now ! :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2016 17:34  

Good on you craizydaisy, and welcome to BM btw.

There are quite a few female bike groups, you just need to find them and go meet them.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/03/2016 15:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email