MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

road Traffic Regulations :- awareness

road Traffic Regulations :- awareness - Forums [Biker Match] road Traffic Regulations :- awareness - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

road Traffic Regulations :- awareness

As people may not be aware the government are minded for road safety to remove road markings from junctions and crown or center lines to make drivers more cautious when driving along roads,
However this plays into the hands of insurance companies and expensive litigation.
Lord Denning held that if there are no center road markings then how can you be on the wrong side of a road ! Prince Philips chauffeur vs ???, sorry can't remember the third party, so now is the best time to invest in a good camera system to gather the evidence just in case.
Its better to have it and not need than to need it and not have it. Do not leave it to the Police to gather the evidence comprehensibly and form there own tick box assessment or rely on witnesses. It's not an offense to use a camera for recording evidence and don't be intimidated into turning it off.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2016 10:15  

I thought it was road furniture , i.e
to many road signs, not road markings?, though these dash cams are usefull for proving guilt in an accident, I think everyone will rue the day when you can't fart without it being on one camera or another

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 03/02/2016 19:44  

But the police could use your own camera to show if you was in the wrong

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/02/2016 22:37  

removing lane and junction markings is a stupid idea.

it will only make the timid and basically incompetent drivers slow down and drive more cautiously, because they don't have the road markings to guide them.
the more aggressive driver will see the lack of road markings as the green light to do as they please,
i.e. overtaking when there is traffic approaching as they will not have crossed the dividing centre line on the road or overtaking where there would normally be double white lines to indicate a hazard, cutting junctions, not stopping/giving way at junctions etc.
the standard of driving on british roads is bad enough now as people drive more aggressively because there is very little chance of them getting caught breaking traffic rules by police on patrol. this idea will just add to the problem.

Update Reply
mikedabike @ 05/02/2016 00:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email