MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Is the future electric?

Is the future electric? - Forums [Biker Match] Is the future electric? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Is the future electric?

Already around but will they take off? Another feature on them on radio/telly this week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p039d5x9

A 130-mile range isn't bad, but need way more charging points and fast charging too. Not sure about silent running either, loud pipes save lives!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 29/11/2015 10:49  

Is electric the future for transport? ...it is still limited by the need to recharge, therefore reliant on energy from other sources, plug in and charge it up. I feel that's the limitation of electric vehicles in general, not the distance you can travel on one charge!... Hydrogen fuel cells must be more of a longer term strategy, a more natural source of power..interesting to look at the future though :-)...now discuss..

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 29/11/2015 12:31  

Sort the range and recharge time and we're sorted.
I would miss changing gears, but gears are just a byproduct of the inefficiencies of the infernal combustion engine.
I know we're all used to the idea, but strapping twenty litres of highly flammable squished dinosaur between our legs does not seem like a sensible long term solution.
I need to get out on me bike and stop thinking rationally!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/11/2015 16:33  

The hydrogen fuel cell is the best answer, if they can get over the technical hurdles, the range is much better than batteries, refuelling takes about the same time as petrol, and we still get to zoom around with a tank of something explosive between our legs :-)

As hydrogen is the most common element in the universe, we shouldn't run out of it in a hurry either ......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2015 15:35  

When we can extract the hydrogen and oxygen from water H2O there will be cheap energy for all. Stop at a river and fill up!!! Maybe we can do it now but the oil cartel are sitting on the technology.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 30/11/2015 21:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email