MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Secret Santa / Advent Calendar

Secret Santa / Advent Calendar - Forums [Biker Match] Secret Santa / Advent Calendar - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Secret Santa / Advent Calendar

So, you're asked to produce a gift for friends or colleagues. Non-gender specific, costing no more than a tenner, alcohol not permitted.

What do you get? What do you hope you get back?

Alternatively, instead of a small square of chocolate from behind a bit of card on a ridiculously expensive box you decide to put small treats of token value, both tangible or in the form of promises (e.g. I'll do all the coffee runs today), in to boxes for each day in December.

Again, what do you put in? What do you hope to find?

Answers needn't be bike related.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/11/2015 21:47  

keys to a maserati please,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2015 22:23  

eh-errrr, wrong answer - think even a KEY would set you back three figures

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/11/2015 22:35  

Lego store Mini-me's, 3 for a fiver - that's only £1.67 each and three little boxes filled for three peeps.

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=1200&height=1200&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/55314_bm_7936_bm_3896006478.jpg&watermark=true&type=JPG

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/11/2015 15:22  

What about 'Grow Your Own Sports Car' or 'Grow Your Own Boyfriend' ... about a couple of quid each i think!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/11/2015 20:21  

or a 'relaxing' camomile tea bag, to be used only in an emergency on Christmas Day

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/11/2015 20:40  

Got a Jelly Bean air freshener and a pair of novelty Xmas socks to fill a couple of boxes, was thinking of a miniature of gin and tonic but apparently there a licencing laws telling me I can't buy alcohol first thing in the morning!
Still need a couple of things, maybe some costume bling?
We get to start opening boxes tomorrow, yay!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 30/11/2015 09:54  

First out today - ready mixed can of Malibu with mango, and a bath bomb.
One happy colleague looking forward to getting home tonight.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 01/12/2015 14:36  

Everyone at work at mo is going through a tough time - whole office really needs a laugh..... So for Secret Santa I had to buy for the guy who's openly known as the 'Sex Pest' - so have got him an 'appropriate' present and hope it gives the office a good laugh!!!

I hope I get a book on bikes or diving. Got cozy gloves and scarf last year and was well chuffed!!! Could go the same again this year!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/12/2015 23:03  

Would love to know what you got him Claire.

My last Advent box was #13. It being Sunday I decided to have it to later (Monday) than have it sooner. But on Monday I couldn't get my pressie as my 'santa' had a day off and NONE of our gifts are actually small enough to fit in the boxes .
Yesterday, of course I had a day off so again couldn't collect , but this morning I unwrapped a Naught/Nice Christmas mug to have my coffee in, along with at 'candy cane' lip gloss.
Happy with that as it's just a token bit of fun, not a secret Santa - that's another kettle!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/12/2015 10:19  

At a former employer's, I was given an individual who lived on Pot Noodles during breaks for a Secret Santa gift. So I gave him an electric kettle!

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 16/12/2015 11:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email