MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Biker in distress

Biker in distress - Forums [Biker Match] Biker in distress - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Biker in distress

Saw this on FB and hadn't know.

Universal sign (it might be American 'universal' but it a good idea to have something universal, so let's go with) that a biker needs help is a helmet placed behind the bike, so if you see one, or you yourself need help - you know what to do.

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=1200&height=1200&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/55314_bm_1_bm_9283392833.jpg&watermark=true&type=JPG

Not displaying right - why can't I ever do this!! GRRRR

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/11/2015 09:48  

What about states that you don't need a lid,
Do they put their bandanas there instead?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/11/2015 10:41  

Lol, probably - or turbans!
Maybe they just lie on the floor next to their bikes - that should attract attention.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/11/2015 10:59  

I dont know about putting my lid on the floor, atm i would happily place a pair of small, non-sticky-out, painful ears there!

Anyone willing to swap ... anything considered.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/11/2015 12:50  

I saw another thing on Facebook about telling other bikers on the road about the police. Apparently you're ment to tap your head - not so sure about that one

Update Reply
Nudge @ 11/11/2015 18:18  

Tapping your head is an old one and widely used in some areas.. The thumbs down symbol hand sign is another one to warn of trouble ahead.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2015 18:34  

I knew about the thumbs down just never seen tapping of the head. I live and learn.

Update Reply
Nudge @ 11/11/2015 18:50  

Must be an American thing.
I don't know any UK bikers that ride slow enough to notice a lid on the ground.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/11/2015 00:53  

If your in real distress stand by your bike and wave your arms over your head like a loony should get some response :-)

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 12/11/2015 20:33  

And that Bugs is the sensible answer.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/11/2015 21:12  

what if its pissing hard

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/11/2015 19:33  

As long as ya not down wind of it ya be ok Refund :-P :-P:-P

I used to stick thumb up at bike by side and if they ok they give thumb up back......or fingers depending what mood they in mwuuaahah and I'm in a daft one....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/12/2015 18:34  

In response to Izzyhill's biker in distress last november, quite a few times I've had people stop and ask if I'm ok when I've just stopped at the side of the road for rest or pee, car drivers as well as bikers, perhaps being an old geezer on an old bike helps ? The last time I got help was in Longnor this year, I'd stopped at the bottom of the hill and the engine died, no electrics, got the battery off and it was dead flat, Presumably the bike had been running on the alternator since the battery had packed up, and cut out when the revs dropped. While fiddling about a chap asks if I'm ok, I asks him if he knew where I might get another battery, he knew of a bike shop in Leek and offered to take me there, about 8 miles and wouldn't take anything in return.

Update Reply
spareman @ 11/12/2015 13:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email