MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

rossi 46

rossi 46 - Forums [Biker Match] rossi 46 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

rossi 46

ok being a rossi fan for years I was disgusted by his racing today.he should be banned from racing .......taking someone off deliberately could have resulted in severe injury or even death;and before all the critics start being a bsma racing steward rules are rules for everyones safety

Update Reply
stutts @ 25/10/2015 21:33  

Stutts I don't follow racing much but he is not the only one that should be banned others have done the same or worse in the past.

Update Reply
JP @ 26/10/2015 05:47  

I watched the race and both were at fault it was just a matter of who would end up coming off first.
Everyone will have their opinion on what happened but many riders have done just as bad and got away with it
Lorenzo ,Marquez are not angels .
In BSB Josh Brookes was dangerous and was nearly banned for breaking Rutters leg a few years ago but this will cost Rossi the World Championship unless Lorenzo does not finish .
People will still love Rossi no matter what he does.

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 26/10/2015 06:02  

I am in shock! I have just watched the race and clearly Rossi was pushing Marquez wide on purpose. He reckons Marquez was 'running interference' so that Lorenzo could get a good lead on him! And he snapped!!...
So he will be starting from the back of the grid in Valencia, his title chance has gone unless Lorenzo doesn't finish...that ain't gonna happen!
My point of view... Well I don't think Rossi would deliberately take Marquez out! He looked like he was swatting a persistent fly and getting pissed off! ...but one thing is for sure...that's Rossi's god-like status gone for many fans!
Disappointing end to the season!

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 26/10/2015 21:11  

....but what a race to watch! Awesome and puts F1 to shame!!

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 26/10/2015 21:11  

I can't believe that everyone seems to have forgotten the instances in 2011, 2012 & 2013 when Marquez was found to be guilty of 'irresponsible riding'. Exciting to watch but also heart in mouth moments thinking that at any moment someone could get hurt or worse.

Having watched the highlights tonight i can understand how Rossi was irritated by Marquez and his riding style. However there is no excuse for deliberately pushing someone wide/off the track.

Rossi has been duly punished. I believe Rossi caught Marquez brake lever and his foot came off the peg. Why on earth would Rossi delibrately kick Marquez bike and risk being injured or taken out too? Presumably Race Direction also felt the same otherwise the punishment would have been much harsher.

I admit i am a huge Rossi fan and have been for ages. It is such a shame that the race was sullied by spats before, during and after the event.

Fingers crossed that 'engineered tactics' dont come into play at Valencia!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/10/2015 23:09  

I would say Rossi went wide to slow Marquez up and say what the fuck cut it out then if you watch Marquez turns in hard banging into Rossi who then shoves Marquez off with his knee ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/10/2015 17:31  

rossi is intersect i watch all the bike racing and like rossi and markes
makes leend on rossi and has for the cut up thy all do it it a bike race not a tea party

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/10/2015 17:34  

I'm hugely delighted to see that 70,000 BMers couldn't give a shit either way lol.
It's a lot more fun riding yer own bike than watching someone else ride theirs. Lol.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 30/10/2015 19:04  

it is dustin thats y i do that too
but it good to watch when you at home having tea after a nice long ride on you bike

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/10/2015 19:23  

70,000 yeah right and couldn't muster enough for a Christmas do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Update Reply
stutts @ 02/11/2015 22:17  

If you invite Rossi to the crimbo do next year ya never know, might have to use NEC as venue ; )

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/11/2015 22:49  

Why is everyone blaming Rossi they're all as bad as one another, they don't intend to knock someone off shit happens, great race though.

Update Reply
ninjaturbo @ 08/11/2015 08:04  

So the next time a car pulls out on you and knocks you off are youjust going to say he didn't mean to do it, shit happens.

As I've said in another thread about it, racers have to have a respect for the other riders lives and safety otherwise it stops being a sport and becomes an excuse to kill and maime people for a monitary gain.
some of you shock me as you seem to regard bike racing like some kind of blood sport.

Update Reply
mikedabike @ 08/11/2015 12:14  

So, at the final race, justice has been done and Rossi missed out on the World Championship. Personally, while I would have liked to see him win it this year particularly after such a barren period with Ducati and a season recovering back with Yamaha, I have never been a great fan of Rossi since I didn't like the mind games he played with his rivals, particularly Gibernau, Stoner and even Lorenzo. This time around he seems to be paranoid about Marquez and Lorenzo conspiring to ruin his chances. It reminds me of Kenneth Williams in Carry on Cleo - "Infamy Infamy They've all got it in for me.

With regard to the comments about bans, etc for 'dangerous' riding, this seems to be a sad reflection on today's PC risk averse society. It's not a blood sport but racing is about taking risks and if someone goes too far or deliberately rides dangerously, then there needs to be a penalty as there was on this occasion. And if people don't give a shit about motorcycle competitions, don't read the posts!

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 09/11/2015 16:21  

Not yet seen the race but know the result. Conversations at work revolved around 'The Incident' last time out, not one single person felt that Marquez was 'without blame', which i found quite surprising considering the comments on here! There was also resounding support for Rossi after yesterday's race, considering his finishing position after starting at the back.

Such a shame the season was soured a little but all i can say is Rossi has actually managed to gain fans in our office.

Btw ... Well said Cataraptor re..'blood sports' and the disinterested people! As for 70,000 BM Members, well we all know there isnt anywhere near that amount of active members.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/11/2015 18:42  

all come out in the wash at the end of the day..........................
70.000 members I think you meant 7

Update Reply
stutts @ 11/11/2015 16:43  

Did something happen in the racing?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/11/2015 21:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email