MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Carbon Footprint Calculation

Carbon Footprint Calculation - Forums [Biker Match] Carbon Footprint Calculation - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Carbon Footprint Calculation

Hiya peeps, Here are a couple of links to sites that can assist in calculating carbon footprints both for business and for home. They should give you some indication of how high/low your specific carbon footprint is and let you know if it needs reducing in any way. This first link will give you some ball-park figures for businesses (those of you that want to look at this for work) http://www.puretr...spx This link can be used more for home use. http://www.climat...=49 I hope you find them useful. Blueboy955i (the Eco-Warrior lol)

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 18/10/2007 17:22  

Very very interesting, room for improvement with me im sorry, but i will improve my carbon footprint, thank you for this thread.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 18/10/2007 17:54  

I just did it, very interesting. I dont do too badly on the home/appliance front, but dreadful on the travel. Other downsizing the car and bike, I cant see any other way of changing things though. I dont go anywhere within walking distance

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 18/10/2007 18:14  

who's got there heating goin instead of puttin a extra layer of clothin on?jus a thought, its what we did yrs ago,me bein a slaphead if i wear a benny i am instantly warm instead of blastin the heatin up,theres an advert runnin where a guy in jus a tshirt turns up his heatin cos he's cold!wrong message surely?an yu would save money!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 18/10/2007 19:27  

I think my carbon footprint is a size 8.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/10/2007 19:29  

beat yu with a size 9

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 18/10/2007 19:38  

What heating?? I don't have any to heating to turn up.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/10/2007 19:51  

not even a leccy fire?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 18/10/2007 19:53  

When you said 'the heating' I assumed you meant central heating. Nope I don't have an electric fire, I have a gas fire in the living room and a wall-mounted heater in my bedroom.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/10/2007 20:04  

2.89....dont know if this is good or bad though as it doesnt state the average?

Update Reply
actionman @ 19/10/2007 05:14  

I'm quite happy burnin fossil fuels in my bike. It has got a cat so thats my bit done. As for global warmin i say bring it on. wont be here in 50 years time and from what i've seen of the kids that will follow hangin about in the street and shootin each other. I say F@#k it let the planet burn.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/10/2007 08:54  

yeah guess it dont matter none, once its gone who will care?were all doomed i tells ya doomed!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 19/10/2007 10:14  

7.03 tonnes My favourite bit is when u click on motorcycle:- Do you avoid excessive speed & harsh accleration & braking? Yes

Update Reply
gs1150 @ 19/10/2007 22:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email