MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Passing CBT and Theory

Passing CBT and Theory - Forums [Biker Match] Passing CBT and Theory - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Passing CBT and Theory

Give it up for the newbies....any tips on passing first time?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2015 19:11  

For your CBT just relax and listen to your instructor.
If you're not picking it up at first, don't begin to feel that you are holding the group up and quit, stay with it.

For the theory get yourself the DVSA dvd

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 13/08/2015 20:06  

yup relaxing is the key.

Theory....just keep taking the example tests (dvd and plenty on interwebby) and read.

Also don't over think stuff....I nearly blew my theory by seeing too many hazards.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 13/08/2015 21:15  

I can't see you over thinking anything Jo.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 13/08/2015 21:24  

Great help so far thank you. Yes, bit concerned about the hazard vid, but I'm sure it'll be ok. In South Africa they give you a 52page theory book to learn off & as long as you're over a certain age you can ride any cc & slap an L plate on it....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2015 21:27  

*sticks tongue out at Rags* ya cheeky bugger :-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/08/2015 06:36  

You can do mock DSA multiple choice tests online:
http://www.safedrivingforlife.info/take-official-free-practice-driving-theory-test/motorcycle-practice-theory-tests/motorcycle-practice

but not the hazard bit. I can't find the one I used but if you look around you should find this offered by other sites, it really helped me to know what to EXPECT when I went along as they hadn't been invented when I got my driving licence!

These people: http://www.geton.co.uk/ promote motorcycling with a lot of information for newbies. They USED to offer you a free test ride through a network of training centres but seem to have discontinued that - but still will put you on to a training centre near you.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 14/08/2015 09:44  

Thanks izzy (0;

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2015 10:35  

http://www.driving-test-success.com/hazard/hazard_perce..._main.html

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 14/08/2015 12:17  

As said previously listen to your instructors, they'll teach you what you need to pass.
Don't go down the route of riding too much on your own on L plates, you need to avoid picking up bad habits.
Relax and try to not to fret.
If you don't pass the first time it's no big deal, you'll have learned plenty by doing the test.
Then do it again, and again till you pass. Each time you'll be that much closer.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/08/2015 18:18  

Hey guys & girls.... Just to let you know that I passed my theory - very easy really. The hazard perception consisted out of 14 video clips (animation) and I didn't find any trick questions in the theory so very straight forward. Went to the bike shop, ebykes, yesterday. I've never ridden a manual in my life but bike shop manager said to take the varadero for a spin which I did (0: so much fun!! Taught myself on YouTube tutorials and just applied the same.... She purrs like pussy cat, great handling and the clutch/gear combo smooth. Not a lot of personally but she'll do as a starter. Might be out to Ryka's by end of September.....hope to see some of you there!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2015 08:47  

Congratulations ;-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/08/2015 13:19  

Well done Binkie. :-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/08/2015 18:07  

Thanks guys! Pretty confident for my CBT ! Thanks for your help so far

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/08/2015 20:01  

Well done , all a bit long winded getting the test sorted nowadays, enjoy your new bike and new adventures together

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 23/08/2015 20:53  

Awww good for you love :) May the best days of your life begin now :) x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2015 11:47  

Thanks guy & girl!! My varadero was so much fun on Saturday! I know I'm going to have a great one! She's a small starter but I know she'll teach me a lot!! Need spotters though.....anyone offering from end of September?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2015 18:04  

Just to let you guys know, passed my CBT Saturday ....9 hours training & feeling as stiff as an ironing board but enjoyed it so much! Stay safe out there!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2015 00:29  

Well done Binkie :-)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 31/08/2015 08:37  

way hay go girl x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 31/08/2015 10:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email