MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Bandit1200 fuel starvation?

Bandit1200 fuel starvation? - Forums [Biker Match] Bandit1200 fuel starvation? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Bandit1200 fuel starvation?

HELP!!!
Can anyone give me some kind of answer to this annoying prob I'm having with my bandit???
Recently I have been getting loss of power then a surge back to full power , this started at the low rev end 2000 , and is now affecting 5000 revs . The power loss is so severe now on a lean into a roundabout I lost power and nearly ended up under a lorry .
I have cleaned the carbs , checked breather hose , fuel line not snagged , blew out fuel filter .
Yesterday she started to back fire !!!
Any help would be appreciated .
Matt.

Update Reply
Airbrushermatt @ 02/07/2015 10:25  

Could it be electrickery? Coil breaking down or something like that?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/07/2015 19:38  

Hi you said you cleaned the carbs. I take that to be strip down and clean out the inside? Are they vacuum carbs with a rubber diaphragm? if so check for pin holes in the rubber.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 02/07/2015 20:51  

Yes they are rubber diaphragms and plastic floats , will have to restrip them and forensic examination, on reading other forums this seems to be quite common on bandits , I've had 3 and this is the first time I've come across this, every forum I read nobody actually says they have definitively found the problem .
Cheers guys .
Matt

Update Reply
Airbrushermatt @ 03/07/2015 12:18  

i had a similar problem on a 125 bike, it turned out that air bubbles in the tube above the petrol tap was the problem
try running the bike on the reserve tank as this does not go through the tube

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2015 18:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email