MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Bring Back The Old Search

Bring Back The Old Search - Forums [Biker Match] Bring Back The Old Search - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Bring Back The Old Search

or at least give us the option, personally I don't like the new version :(

Update Reply
panman64 @ 25/06/2015 22:03  

Sorry but you will get used to it.

The old version was replaced for a thousand reasons. Mainly:

Not mobile-friendlyExtremely uglyHeavy on the server, really used up so much resources each time someone run a searchInsecure and easy for a skilled hacker to break.Slow loading and slow browsing (page by page by page)

... I could go on.

Please try to get used to the new one. Embrace it and understand that change is good, even if it sometimes takes a bit to adjust. This new search was extremely long overdue

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/06/2015 22:08  

I'm sorry I still just can't get over the fact that you prefer the old one to the new one. It's killing me, not just because it's comical but because it's frustrating for me as a designer spending weeks working on a project only for someone to say "it's shit, bring the old one back"

Welcome to the site by the way and congrats on your first post. Hopefully see you at the rally in September (first beer on you now haha)

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/06/2015 22:10  

September I'm in Oz :)

Sorry but I just find the "Gallery" View OTT & messy

at least do like ebay does and provide an alternative "list" view

Update Reply
panman64 @ 25/06/2015 22:41  

and actually I never said it was shit , I simply asked for the option of using the old version and that personally I don't like the new version.

There's a world of difference between the 2 statements :p

(Oh and I've been here for years, just haven't bothered with the forums previously, got plenty of others on the go :)

Update Reply
panman64 @ 25/06/2015 22:44  

haha i know, it's what i hear in my head when someone says "go back to how it used to be".

I know what you mean about the gallery, but most people prefer to have less "paging", which means a higher number of results per page. The only way to reasonably fit 200 people on one page is to have them in a gallery view. A list view with larger photo would be really ugly (and very long)

Check out this thread so you can already begin to have an input into the new forums design (starting work on it asap):
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?topic_id=13860

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/06/2015 08:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email