MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bank warning

Bank warning - Forums [Biker Match] Bank warning - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bank warning

Just recived this from the Lloyds TSB bank Dont get caught out.

A small number of customers are receiving unsolicited phone calls from companies offering to repair or upgrade their computer. These callers turn out to be fraudsters who install software which allows them to take over the customers computer and have access to Internet Banking. HELP STOP THE FRAUDSTERS Don't allow someone who calls you unexpectedly to access or install software on your computerDon't disclose your Internet Banking password or memorable information to anyoneWe will never ask you to transfer your money to another account due to fraud or any other issueWe will never make an automated phone call asking you to approve a refund into your account For more information and a video example of a suspicious call, see our Online Security Help and Guidance.

Update Reply
JP @ 26/02/2015 18:17  

I had one of those the other day. He rang Mrs AJ then me. Indian accent. I just asked him if he thought I was stupid ? He hung up.
However I can recommend someone if your computer needs attention AJ

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/02/2015 18:42  

Please transfer all your life savings into my bank account.

I will then fix your computer, remotely, from my yacht moored off my private island somewhere in the Caribbean.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/02/2015 20:17  

My mate, who is a network/IT manager had one of these calls. He explained in great detail and at length why his PC was not vulnerable, after about 20 minutes the scammer hung up!

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 26/02/2015 23:54  

Disable any "remote access" feature on your PC and do not download anything from anyone with a Nigerian accent. You have not won $10,000,000 from an over seas lottery and you are not related to an African prince who needs to move money through your bank account.
Install Norton Internet Security but get it from PC World when it's at half price.
Do not open emails from JP Harley, they are usually demands for pies or icecream

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 27/02/2015 00:12  

I usual say I don't have a computer.
It's good approach for everything cold caller-ish to deny all terms and conditions.
If it's for utilities (gas, water, electricity) I say I live off-grid.
The most entertaining though is denying I have a telephone, you can almost taste the initial confusion

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/03/2015 16:36  

I say I can't talk right now, and could they call me back later on a different number.
I then give them Steve's number...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2015 18:10  

That's took XK, I just give them your bank details :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/03/2015 18:17  

My son tells the claim solicitors that he was in an accident but he die from his injury's it take some a few mins to notice that there talking to a dead person

Update Reply
JP @ 01/03/2015 19:30  

I'm going to nick some of these replies for future reference. Very funny! :)

Update Reply
MjN @ 16/03/2015 11:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email